where oh where is astra 2D ?

Steve-Wales

Im trying to locate astra 2d and need to know the magnetic variance as well as its position from my location.
Ive been to many azimuth calculators and put in my longitude latitude positions. no luck at all ? As they are all American based, they work from true north and the astra position is 28.2 east of true south.
ok. i know all about 360, 180 degrees etc, but the calculations are different from each site i try.
so far Astra 2D could be anywhere from 32 degrees east up to 37 degrees east of my location (which is a lot of sky to wade through).
Can any one point me to a calculator that isn’t American and is simple to use.
or even better, let me know what the position (and magnetic variance) is from my location.
Rhyd y foel, N Wales lat 53.2771, long -3.6326
i would really, really be grateful for any help
cheers
steve

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Have a look at this link first m8 http://www.heavens-above.com/countries.asp also if you go into 'Nobblys big links forum' at the top in 'The General Topics Section' there are some other usefull sites that will help you!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go to www.smw.se and download the Swedish Microwave calculator, it does everything for you and will take into account the magnetic variation.