Which smart Card Reader to Buy

harrydeo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ApnaDTH Twinhan DVB-S PCI Card. TATA SKY Big TV
My Location
Bangalore, INDIA
I am planning to use NDS CAM with it. Doc says pheonix card readers should work.

After lot of search I have stopped to this site _http://www.smartcardfocus.com/shop/ilp/se~10/p/index.shtml

and thinking about buying ARC30 USB.

Please suggest

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
harrydeo said:
I am planning to use NDS CAM

Where have you seen it advertised?

I was not aware there was a pcmcia NDS cam

harrydeo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bangalore, INDIA
NDS Cam is a soft cam (plugin) which i will be using to read my TATA SKY (NDS) card to read.

Anyways I have found a solution and buying Infinity Unlimited.

Thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
harrydeo said:
NDS Cam is a soft cam (plugin) which i will be using to read my TATA SKY (NDS) card to read.

Thanks

Glad you found the solution.
Perhaps you would like to share it with us, as this forum is built on exchange of information.:)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
harrydeo said:

Thanks

As mentioned by HB13DISH it would be nice if you shared this solution with the other members of the forum, that is how everyone benefits and learns from this type of self help forum.

harrydeo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bangalore, INDIA
The process I have used is fairly simple.

what I did was:

I have installed DVB Dream as in my client software. I have installed nvidia purevideo for MPEG2 decoding Core codec for H.264 decoding. In India currently we have two type of transmissions MPEG2 (DD-Direct+, TATA SKy, DIsh TV) & H.264 (Reliance BigTV, Sun DTH, Airtel Digital TV).

I am using Twinhan DVB-S PCI card (bought two years back) without CI slot. It can very well decode both MPEG2 & H.264 streams (although documentation just says about MPEG2).

Current setups works very well with Tata Sky. Tata Sky uses NDS Vidoguard as encryption technology. In this setup what I am trying to do is using the NDS card (from Tata Sky) on my PC.

To read the card:

1. I am using WB electronics Infinity USB unlimited card reader. This solves my purpose because it supports Pheonix and Smartmouse mode. Also it supports Virtual COM port interface, that makes it universally compatible with all card applications.

2. NDS CAM: This a virtual CAM software for NDS. I am using this software to read from my NDS card thorugh the smart card reader.

Thats it, for me its working great. Good thing is 1080i upscaling & DOLBY Prologic 2 decoder works together to give me little HD experience out of the SD broadcast :-doh2