Whos nicked my channels

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush freesat hd box, iss 70cm dish,single passion lnb , goodmans GDB15HD freeview box
My Location
heathrow
Got a new lcd tv yesterday so i wanted to watch hd on it via my compro dvbs card , ive got HD2.1 codec pack installed and the corecodec hd 1.9.5
Everything was running fine , untill today when for some reason the hd channels were out , so i did a channel scan and lost quite a few channels including bbc hd , luxe hd.Is this a sat problem, the channels i can get have a signal of 100% and 60% quality which is down a bit from 70% these are 28.5e and eurobird:confusedive reinstalled my card software and driver as well as dvbdream but the same happens, could it be my new graphic card which i installed yesterday ? it did work then , but i updated the drivers for it ge9500gt :-worship Any help appreciated;)
Bugger wrong place, im sure the mods will put in the right place...sorry

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Check that you have the correct transponders in your list and that the signal quality is sufficient. Are you getting the SD channels from those two transponders?

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush freesat hd box, iss 70cm dish,single passion lnb , goodmans GDB15HD freeview box
My Location
heathrow
Robbo :-worship for some reason, one got the channels back last night:confused after another scan, not sure whats occuring:cool:it seems that if i turnoff from the mains my fs4200 box the output seems to be ok to the dvbs card , but if the box is turned on at the mains even in standby it causes a problem now " the dvbs card is connected to the output of the fs4200 box"but this hasnt happened before:eek:

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, as you are using the loopthrough from your Fortec star to supply the signal to another receiver you will get this problem

In order for loopthrough to work properly, you need to turn OFF the first receiver, else it will maintain control of the LNB, and won't let the 2nd receiver get a look in.

Some TPs will work;the ones that are on the same band and polarity as the first receiver was on.

Normally, receivers only have to be in standby to relinquish control of the LNB, apart from Sky digiboxes, maybe the Fortec Stars operate similarly to the digiboxes in that respect.

Remember a UNIVERSAL LNB is a switched device controlled by the receiver, the polarity and band needs to be selected.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
My fortec Zeta retains the lnb power in standby. I only found out when I blew a diseqc switch 'cause the power was still coming through from the reciever.