Zenega CD 1004-IS STB Stucks after 1 min

chasm9a

My Satellite Setup
Dish tv India (zenega cd-1004is STB+5ft antenna , StarTrack (world in box 2 + CI) + 6 ft antenna
My Location
Pakistan
helo guys

its been a week since i am searching and reading this forum. however due to very huge amount of posts in this forum , i am unable to find answers.

i ve this Zenega CD 1004-IS STB with 5ft (aluminium alloy-solid) antenna here in pakistan in NWFP and standard Amster-Ku band LNBF . i was watching it for first 3 months quite ok. now went out to some other town. mean while my subscription expired. now when a week back i ve renewed my subscription. ( i was getting about 121 channels). Now i ve moved it from that place. (no joints in my cable)

1) i am getting about 60-70% signal on my star-track world-in-box 2

2) on zenega, i am getting 30%-50% signals and 3 out of 7 transponders

3) the main problem is that My Zenega STB when is turned on, iether it will shows dish interactive for about 10-15 seconds or nothing shows and then a msg "No signal found, please check that your stb is properly connected.."
and then my remote control will stop working. and the stb gets stuck up/ hang-up.

My response to this situation:

1) restored factory defaults
2) took it to ma cousin home who has Koan STB and works fine( dont know about his LNBF but his antenna size is 2ft). so there i searched the channels again but there it was making the same problem. it will hang-up after 10-15 seconds "(i ve have to turn its power off and then on again.THE POWER button Works. )

(i remember before this when it was working fine when it gets stuck-up, even the power button will not work and i ve pull out the power cable of stb to make it work again )

3) i upgraded the firmware in ma cousin's home. 1st it said "not successful" for 2 time and on 3rd time it says successful.

4) i cannt watch channels like HBO, Zee-network . only i am able to see FTA channels with it. which after some times results in the msg "Signal not found"

Following are my questions:

my cousin told me that one of his friend had the same STB as mine and was having this same STB stuckup prblm. He said that local dealer/tech told him that he have to buy a new STB n a card, so he did.

1) What ever is wrong with my STB, is its frequently occuring problem?
2) If any one here had the same problem what was their response and what was the final solution to this problem?
3) i want to check whether my card is activated or not. how do i do that?
4) Is there any firmware problem?
5) i ve been told that u cannt use this card with another receiver. Not with another zenega STB. IS it true?
6) checked up my STB at home of another cousin, who had same STB and my STB was doing same Stuck-up problem in the exact same manner as i stated earlier.

sorry for the very long message

waiting for your Response.

and plz tell me whr to find the old threads, coz i cannt find them. may be they contain some useful info on my problem.

thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be a power supply problem, could be a tuner problem, but whichever it is, it is probably time to buy a new one, unless you know an electonics engineer who can check it out.

virk

My Satellite Setup
ELECTRONICS
My Location
india
frnd gv all detailes abt stb.. and write which tp dont hv gud signal or no signal,, i think u dont hv vertical tp signals..