0.1db LNB's or 0.2db LNB's?

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
I was going to purchase some 0.2db Titanium LNB's this morning for my new 3-LNB fixed-dish setup (Raven Gemini 70cm mesh with multi-LNB bracket) when I noticed the same supplier also had some 0.1db "Best" branded LNB's (made in Germany).

The question is, would there be any real benefit in signal quality with 0.1db LNB's? I'd rather get the best quality I can to reduce the chances of a poor signal during bad weather as much as possible.

I need two single output LNB's and one quad output LNB. Both the single output Titanium 0.2db and Best 0.1db LNB's are about the same price but the quad output Best 0.1db LNB is £15 more expensive than the Titanium 0.2db one. Would it actually be worth me spending the extra £15 and get the Best 0.1db LNB's over the Titanium 0.2db ones?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would be very surprised if there was any difference between the LNBs, take the noise figures with a pinch of salt, I'm sure it won't be long before someone claims a noise figure to the third decimal place. :)

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
latest titanium lnb is titanium 2. edition,also i have here ,the new inverto white tech 02 db,and the golden interstar
it wins an award,in dezember isue of germany satelite magazine,very cheap in germany only 6€ each singel version!

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
rolfw said:
I would be very surprised if there was any difference between the LNBs, take the noise figures with a pinch of salt, I'm sure it won't be long before someone claims a noise figure to the third decimal place. :)
Interesting you should say that because I saw a single output 0.01db LNB for sale on the satcure website at £200 each :eek:

Anyway, in the end I ordered some 0.2db MTI Supreme Line LNBs (2 x single output one and a 1 x quad output one) as the casing on them is black so they won't stand out so much as the white Titaniums would against a black dish :)

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location