1.1m, manhattan 3000 + cam. Is it OK???

satel

Reaction score
This forum looks the best, unfortunately, no SIMPLE tutorials....
Completely newbee. Stupid questions.

1) 1.1 m motorised , Manhattan 3000 and a cam (magic or Joker?). Probably a programmer :)
Is it a reasonable way to see (in Scotland) Russian, Romanian, and other channels?

2) I thought that independent cam will be better than embedded one

3) For the same money, anything better? I am a complete beginner....

Many Thanks

Satel

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure about the manhattan Satel, there are a lot of good receivers around which will knock spots off it. There is such a wide choice of CAMS now that you could buy one of ten different types and do what you want to do, the Blue Ice has quite a wide following.

Not sure about the Russian and Romanian channels though, do you know which sats they are on and in which encryptions?

satel

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Not sure about the manhattan Satel, there are a lot of good receivers around which will knock spots off it. There is such a wide choice of CAMS now that you could buy one of ten different types and do what you want to do, the Blue Ice has quite a wide following.

Not sure about the Russian and Romanian channels though, do you know which sats they are on and in which encryptions?

Thanks for prompt reply!!! I am looking for answers. One of the good channels needs : "viaccess decoder. the sat is hotbird". What external CAM will do it? (or to buy Magic Cam embedded?)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I seem to remember that the hotbird channels may well be moving to Viaccess2 in the not too distant future, but if not, any of the newer multicams will do, but be aware that not all of them work well in all receivers.