1.5 meter dish, is it necesary?

LabMan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I want to receive TV1000 digital in the south of England. After consulting my Sat Mag it says I will need a 1.5 metre dish. What I want to know is can I make do with another combination of a smaller dish (Say 1-1.2 metre) with a more powerful LNB or maybe some other concoction. Thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The figures given for dish size in the magazines are usually for everyday trouble free reception. It is normally possible given a good quality dish and a low noise LNB, to reduce the size of the dish, but bear in mind that you may suffer signal fade at certain times of the day.

I'm sure there are several members who are receiving this channel on different setups and will be able to provide more experience based information.

Rolf

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
I am receiving TV1000 in the Frankfurt area (50N 8E) on a 1m Dish with 4 normal LNB's on a bracket receiving 1W, 5E, 13E & 19.2E. So far not once had a drop out even signal strength around 60-70%.

Pligs

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should be able to use a smaller dish Pligs as you are inside the intended footprint of the Nordic beam, whereas southern UK is outside, if the cost is not a problem a Gregorian dish with sub reflector may assist in pulling a signal in from a fringe area where the appropriate dish size is not possible.

Rolf

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

I live in London and with 1M dish and Cambridge 0.6Lnb I am able to receive TV1000 and viasat ticket, although the signal tends to fade at night.

Regards

Prince

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Labman - PLEASE READ THE BOARD RULES.

this has nothing to do with multi-sat systems. It is a channel reception issue. There is a forum for that.
In fact, you had posted a similar question in the Viaccess forum and I had replied there - as well as moving that thread to the correct (channels& transponders) forum. See here: http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID17/66.html