1.5m Dish In Copenhagen for Astra 2D

W

WOODC

Please could anyone inform me if reception is possible with a 1.5m Dish in Copenhagen. I have looked on _www.astra2d.co.uk, but due to varying reports and change in strength of the signal I am not sure.

Cheers.

J

jtkeep

Hi you should be able to recieve astra 2d with a 150cm dish,
i use a 110cm dish Vejle Denmark and have 55% signal quality
60% signal strength on astra 2d horizontal 5%-10% more on vertical

So good picture sound 24/7 on all bbc and itv chanels, only problems
with very heavy rain or snow.

all the best
Thomas

Expat

Expat

My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Go for a 1.8m dish, much better and less hastle!

V

valb

My Location
Europe
I use a 1.5m prime focus dish 33 km north of Copenhagen and only have BBC 1 (Cambridge) from early afternoon until late at night. BBC2, 3 and 4 only last a couple of hours and ITV2 & 3 last about an hour. ITV 1 (London) works sometimes but I would never start watching a long program with the risk of not seeing the conclusion. 1.8m seems the best bet for our area as the signal drops off very fast east of Jutland.

Z

zola25

go for a good quality dish though you cant beat the gibertini but it is Aa bit expensive

Expat

Expat

My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Hi Valb, I agree a 1.8m should do the job, I'm using a 1.5m Gibertini offset, get reception most of the day on all transponders except 10.906 V (ITV2 ITV 3). There is some breakup and rain will kill most 2d off. Too much farting about with a 1.5m, no reserve in bad weather conditions. :)
I am going to upgrade to a 1.8m sometime this year, when I find one at a decent price.

L

lazydave

My Location
Aalborg, Denmark
I have 1 1.5 m Gibertini here in Aalborg and I normally have reception 24/7 also in bad weather unless its *really* bad. :cool: 1.8 or larger in Copenhagen sounds about right, but be careful. Your 1.5 m is precision-cut at the factory. All the 1.8m+ dishes I've seen come in "petals" which need to be assembled. Most people claim that you'll lose a significant part of the signal since it's difficult to assemble petal dishes perfectly. Maybe a 2.1 m would be a better option. :)

I actually need to make some fine adjustments to my dish after the storm the other day O-st , but we're getting another small storm tonight so it'll have to wait a bit.
I got off light, a friend of mine's dish got turned into a calzone by the wind. O-Ha