1 card/satellite sharing

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Hi all,I have a digitalb card and receiver which is fine, but i was interested in getting a showtime arabia card as obviously it has more epl games.It is for a bar and have been quoted 2000 euro per card/box.I rung someone in england y,day and they said all you need is1 card and say 3 receivers and net gear to create a network not sure onwhat the exact set up is or what receivers, netgear i need.How do i do this as all satellite companies here just want to get money out of you selling 1 box, 1 card.Probably a very basic question to you all but could not grasp how you could change channels etc using 1 card 3 boxes.Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Three Dreamboxes and one card should do it, or one of these setups.

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Thanks for reply.
If i went for the wifi splitter what receiver would i need just a basic one.
Also does the splitter work perfect or can the signal break up.
Cheers.
p.s What price are you looking at for a showtime card looked around
and seen them for about 900 euro is that about right.

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canary Islands
Back again sorry.
Just rung a company up here in tenerife where i am,
I asked about the wifi splitter and he said you cant use these with the
showtime card as showtime are sending signals to the boxes and
killing the cards for the first month, and know you are using the splitter sent up.
Does this sound right or are they just wanting me to buy more cards
receivers.
cheers.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I cant see how thay would know about the splitter, as there is no return path from the box to Showtime and I'm not sure that it is possible to build in an algorithm to detect when a card is being shared and then cancel it.

Sounds like he's looking after his profits. :)

To answer your earlier question, I have no experience of these units.

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canary Islands
Thanks for the reply