1 West problems help!!

christian

Reaction score
Hello Gurus

I am trying to realign my dish at the moment. Not much luck.

I have found 1 ' West with the help of a technomate digisat. But
can only manage to find 4 channels on 11823/28500(which are prob FTA). I cannot seem to get more than a 50 reading on my digisat with a 1 metre dish. I really want to get 11278/24500 which is where the footy is.

Do I have to put in the pids to get a signal ? Is 1 West a problem I am getting
readings on Hotbird, Astra and Hispasat higher than the 1 ' West. Is there any trick involved here that I am missing. I am based around 51 .5 just 30 miles
north of London. Presumably the 1 West sat is quite high.

Has anybody got any bright ideas

Chris

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The channels should romp in on the Nordic beam with a 1m dish, the ones you are looking for are of course encrypted. :)

geosat

Reaction score
To be sure of a good signal you really need to use a meter. However, the best way to search for the channels is to do a 'complete search of the 1'w sat. I take it the channels you are looking for are canal+ etc???. 11278/24500 7/8 H

Hope this may help. Geosat

christian said:
Hello Gurus

I am trying to realign my dish at the moment. Not much luck.

I have found 1 ' West with the help of a technomate digisat. But
can only manage to find 4 channels on 11823/28500(which are prob FTA). I cannot seem to get more than a 50 reading on my digisat with a 1 metre dish. I really want to get 11278/24500 which is where the footy is.

Do I have to put in the pids to get a signal ? Is 1 West a problem I am getting
readings on Hotbird, Astra and Hispasat higher than the 1 ' West. Is there any trick involved here that I am missing. I am based around 51 .5 just 30 miles
north of London. Presumably the 1 West sat is quite high.

Has anybody got any bright ideas

Chris

christian

Reaction score
geosat said:
To be sure of a good signal you really need to use a meter. However, the best way to search for the channels is to do a 'complete search of the 1'w sat. I take it the channels you are looking for are canal+ etc???. 11278/24500 7/8 H

Hope this may help. Geosat
Thanks

I understand that, the problem I have got is the signal quality on the Nordic Beam is poor for whatever reason. There are some trees in the distance that could be blocking the signal but they are pretty skinny in leaves. I originally
thought they could'nt be in the way but I am having second thoughts, 3rd
thoughts.

Part of the original question is whether the pids are influential, no one seems
to know that. I am using a strength meter as previously stated by way of an LCD but doesnt tell you what sat you are on.

I will have to go and look at the trajectory of the trees.

Chris

christian

Reaction score
rolfw said:
The channels should romp in on the Nordic beam with a 1m dish, the ones you are looking for are of course encrypted. :)

What do you think the elevation of 1 ' West is I make it about 31' .

Chris

christian

Reaction score
Hello Gurus

Finally managed to get a 50% signal and got most of Thor 3 channels beit a
weak signal. Dish 1 metre on an Technomate.

I have realised there are some trees in the distant that could be affecting the signal. If I am getting a Thor 3 should I be getting Thor2 looking at the tec data
it looks like Thor 3(East European) operates a wider beam than the Nordic one. Is that right ? Also are the about 31' elevation - how does one meaure that
easily ?

Apart from cutting trees and raising the dish does have anybody have any bright ideas ? All this to watch football on Conax. Does anybody know if Nagravision 2
has been cracked because alot of footy is on nagra 2 encryption also Sport TV
30' West on nagravison seem unreachable. Anybody got any suggestions.

Chris

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds about right, you can guage it as being just about 2 in 3, so for every 3 metres away from an obstcacle, you gaing 2 metres clearance.

The Eastern beam is harder to receive.