100% strength, 0% Quality

digital

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Leeds
I've just got a Humax Freesat box and have decided to improve the signal and add the option of using a couple of unused $ky boxes by installing a new 60cm Raven dish with a Thomson quad LNB. So far as I can see, the dish is pointing in the right direction but, according to the Humax, I'm getting 100% signal strength and 0% quality. The old $ky box shows the signal strength bar around 75% of its full width but, again, quality is 0%.

Anyone able to offer some advice on what needs adjusting?

TIA

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Most likely, the dish is pointing at the wrong satellite.

On those boxes, I don't know the procedure to perform a scan. But this would enable you to discover what satellite you are on.

On the Sky box you should be able to manually add transpoders and scan them. Maybe try some of the tranponders that have symbol rates of 22000 or 27500 on the surrounding sats.

See _www.lyngsat.com

Robbo:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yep, you are probably pointing at Astra 19.2 East, move the dish down slightly then 9 degrees further East.