100cm motorised dish

Oliver_emale

Reaction score
Hi

I've moved in to my new home a year ago and the previous owner left me with a 100cm (I think) motorised sat dish. The first day I moved in, I tried plugging in a normal TV and I could still see the channels (it was islamic channel), since I didn't understand a thing, I turned it off and pluged my TV to the main analogue line.

Now I realised I could use that dish to watch other free channels (outside the UK as well), however, I don't know enough to get it to work. My problem is

1) I don't know the name of the dish
2) don't know how the dish is motorised ( it has one cable going down and the dish is less or no more than 3.5 years old)

Please can anyone help me, if you know any weblink for further reading, that'll be appreciated as well.

Oliver

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So they obviously left a receiver there as well if you were able to see a channel.

What is the make and model of the receiver?
What was the channel?
Can you provide a photo of the dish and mount?

You can find all of the answers you need here, but we need more than vague information.

Oliver_emale

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll definitely find out. Meanwhile, I've just learn that Echostar AD3600IP is a motorised receiver with built in positioner, does this mean that maybe all I need? or there are more to it than meet the eyes?

Oliver

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Are you able to move the dish with the receiver? Press Menu, go to Select Satellite, and select another satellite. If the relays click in the receiver, the dish should move (hopefully).
We can then take it from there.

Llew

Oliver_emale

Reaction score
Llew

Sorry, a bit thick here. There's only one cable coming down (and I have to check it when I get home to find out how many wires inside) But I can tell you this, when I moved in this new home, I tried plugging in a normal TV and I could see the channel clearly (in Islamic), then after 2 weeks, the subscription must have ran out and I couldn't see it anylonger and since I didn't understand a thing about satellite dish, I just left it there for a year until I got more time to investigate!

Oliver

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Oliver, am I right in thinking that you have a satellite receiver?

You must give us more information and if possible a picture.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blimey Rolfw, I might be offering advice about a receiver that doesn't exist!

Llew

Oliver_emale

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry to confuse everyone, there's a cable coming down from the sat dish and that's it. The cable is not attached to a receiver. (come to think of it, how did I manage to view it when I first moved in??)

Llew - thanks for the PDF which I've downloaded, I'll study that and learn more about it.

I must find out the name of the dish. Will get back to you next monday!

Haev a great weekend.

Oliver

Oliver_emale

Reaction score
It's

Vision V80-100 (made in Europe)

1.0m solid pole mount dish

I've tried searching the net but found nothing, unless it's Vision International, the company which is 10+ years old?

and...over the weekend, I had a thought about why I managed to see the chanels when I first moved in. There was a black box in addition to a sky box as well, so I thought..well, I have my own sky box, don't need the black one, and thrown it away!!! ( I know there was 2 boxes I'd thrown away!) damn!

Oliver