11:11:11

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Lest we forget...

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
Indeed. I will be laying the Royal Navy wreath here in Victoria Gozo, as I have for the past ten years.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Always used to go to the ceremonies when I was a Scout, haven't been since then, but always watch them on the TV and I'm always stunned by the number who died, even after hearing it every year.

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
rolfw said:
Always used to go to the ceremonies when I was a Scout, haven't been since then, but always watch them on the TV and I'm always stunned by the number who died, even after hearing it every year.

WW2 was supposed to be the war that ended all wars. Alas we never learn and still it goes on and on.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
TJExcalibur said:
WW2 was supposed to be the war that ended all wars. Alas we never learn and still it goes on and on.
Well prior to that The Great War (World War I retrospectively) was supposed to be war to end all wars.

As we now know, with all the punitive damages inflicted upon Germany by the victorious Allies, it merely sowed the seeds for the Second World War.

Truly, we never learn.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Well my father was a submariner and with the destroyers in the worst period of the Atlantic campaign during WW2.
He was grateful to have survived the war, although its effects on him meant for instance that a firework going off would make him visibly jump out of a chair. We kids would laugh at that, but what did we know?

He never forgot his mates who didn't come back, and that's why I and hopefully every thinking person will always remember those people.
And those who continue to fight wars now.

Llew

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Llew said:
Well my father was a submariner and with the destroyers in the worst period of the Atlantic campaign during WW2.
He was grateful to have survived the war, although its effects on him meant for instance that a firework going off would make him visibly jump out of a chair. We kids would laugh at that, but what did we know?

He never forgot his mates who didn't come back, and that's why I and hopefully every thinking person will always remember those people.
And those who continue to fight wars now.

Llew
My ex father in law was on the Ark Royal when it was sunk. he would never talk about it. I had a very good family member who was a Jap POW, never got over it. Must have washed his hands 50 times a day. But we don't really know if we haven't been through it.