13 & 19.2 East

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi guys. This site helped me a lot and now I need more advise.

I am helping a friend to get into the sat worls and he has a 1M dish with a multi LNB holder, 2 lnbs, a diseq swith that can take 4 connections and amanhatton 6800 receiver. I know the general set up, but want to get the two lnbs to line up with 13 and 19.2. How do I go about this...where do I point the dish to etc......The dish is currently on 19.2 east and he is getting 85% signal and 95% quality.

Thanks

Jimmy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What type of multi LNB holder is it Jimmy? This will affect how you point the dish.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, so one LNB is held in the standard holder and the second is held offset?

If that is the case, it will depend on which side the bracket offsets to. If it offsets to the East, then you need to put Astra in the main holder and Hotbird offset, if it offsets to the West, then Hotbird goes in the main holder and Astra in the offset one.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK, that's the Triax bracket, the two middle ones will have to be 19 and 13, but it doesn't take a central LNB, so if you line up on the Western one first (pointing at Astra), with the bracket tilted up on that side, you can then adjust the Eastern side for Hotbird.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks Rolf, So if i am reading this right there is no need to move the dish at all, and just adjust the LNB to get a signal.

Cheers

Jimmy

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, you will need to move it slightly, because none of the LNBs are at the main focus point.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Thats a handy piece of info Rolf, because a friend of my mate wants to install a dish and twin lnb. I will let him know before he starts ringing me.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rolf,
He also has a "Side saddle arm" which will fit the dish, it can be fitted on the left or right side. Can we leave the dish on 19.2 east and get 13 east without moving the dish...he is very slow in moving the dish.

Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, if he has a mount that can mount an LNB on the Eastern side of the dish, then it can be mounted on that side, slightly lower than the Astra one and adjsted to see Hotbird. You may need to bend the bracket inward slightly, to achieve a good focal length.