13, 19 & 28 - Dish & Quad LNB Questions

seret

Reaction score
I would like to receive 13, 19 & 28, in the North of Scotland, and from a previous post, the advice was to go for a Gibertini dish, as I wanted aluminium (or something similarly weather resistant).

A few questions:-

Is the feed arm & multi LNB bracket on/for Gibertini dishes strong enough to support (potentially) 3 quad LNBs, in all that the Scottish weather can throw at them?

I was planning to go for 3 quads, as mentioned above, but wondered about a 6 degree, quad output, monoblock for 13 & 19, with a quad for 28, as this would reduce the number of cable runs from 12 to 8 (is this correct?); would this be a good option? Are there any potential problems with this option, in comparison to using 3 quads?

Do the monoblocks include DiSEqC switching in the LNB, rather than using an external switch, and if so, does this mean that it would not work with a quad added into the mix?

Can a monoblock and a quad be accommodated by the LNB bracket, as easily as 3 quads?.

Finally, what are the current recommendations for LNBs, offering good performance, reliability, and weatherproofing, as per the options outlined above?

TIA.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

Yes a monoblock contains a 2-way diseqc switch.

Using a monoblock LNB and a quad can be done but it would work out very expensive as you would need the far more expensive diseqc 1.1 or uncommited switches, since you need 4, it would not be a good idea.

It is thus best to stick with 3 individual LNBs.

When using LNBs on an offset, their performance is not too critical. I have used Sky quads in the past.

Not used the gibby multibracket, so no comment.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
seret said:
Is the feed arm & multi LNB bracket on/for Gibertini dishes strong enough to support (potentially) 3 quad LNBs, in all that the Scottish weather can throw at them?

Depends on if the dish is extremely exposed or not but should be ok; lots of adjustment on those offset LNb brackets.

Moved thread to dish set up section.