19.2 and 28.2 Multifeed on an 85cm Dish in Germany

theock

Reaction score
Hi (first post - please excuse ignorance :-) ),

I have been running with a 68vm Nokia dish pointing at 28.2E for some time. I am about 30 miles north of Hamburg, Germany. I have received most Sky (except for ITV and BBC2) without too much problem. However, I now want to get 19.2 and 28.2 so I splashed out €70 for a Gibertini 85cm dish, a multifeed bracket and about 15m of triple insulated cable. I have aligned the dish to centre on 28.2 and I now receive all Sky including ITV 1,2,3 and BBC 1,2,3,4, CBBC, CBeebies. However, I am having trouble lining up the second LNB (a Humax at 0.3db cost €20 - the LNB for sky is an MTI blue twin and is excellent). I can pick up something called BetaDigital which has about 12 channels on it.

What I'm trying to figure out is where the 19.2 LNB should be on the rail at the end of the feedarm. If I stand behind the dish, facing the satellite 28.2 is at the centre and I have mounted the 19.2 LNB about 15cm to the left. Is this correct?

Any help appreciated (perhaps someone has pictures - me being a bit slow, etc....)

Cheers,

Peter