19.2 reception step by step

C

charlieb

Can anybody give a step by step for obtaining Astra 19.2 digital transmissions especially what to look for in the menus.Is there a strong signal strength channel I set on the menu and then simply turn the dish?
I have previously setup a dish for multichoice reception in south Africa so i have some experience. I now live on the East coast of Ireland and have a 90cm dish and Grungdig digibox(I know the digibox limitations 27000 etc).
I would greatly appreciate any assistance or any pointers.A final question assuming I am sucessful will the 19.2 can the 19.2 progamming EPG be downloaded on the digibox?

Charlieb

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No special instructions really, look at http://www.lyngsat.com and seek out a free to air channel, they are mostly of a similar power. If you know someone with an analogue receiver that you can borrow, it's much easier.

The digibox will not store other channels in any other way than the other channels section, which I know is not user friendly, but that's Sky for you. :)

Rolf

C

charlieb

Thanks for your reply Rolf.
Can I just confirm I put in the a FTA frequency in the add channels menu select the preset and then look for a picture while moving the Dish? Appreciate your advice.

Charlieb

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go into Services/System setup/01select/manual tuning, Type in the required parameters and then click on find channels, that will give you the signal and quality bar.

Be aware that there is a delay of a couple of seconds until the digibox reacts.

Rolf