1966 Footballer Alan Ball dies aged 61

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Not a great football fan, but he was a true football great who actually won something! RIP. :(

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Heard the news as it broke this morning. Very sad that the youngest member of the 66 team should die at 61. (The second member to do so of course).

I was lucky enough to be at the 66 final and I was more tired than Bally at the end I reckon.

A lovely guy and so enthusiastic.

Hope you don't mind Saturlight but I thought I'd move this thread to the footy section. A footy man to a footy section.:)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Liked him very much, always listened what he had to say. Sad day.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Had the fortune to have known Alan, worked alongside him and Lesley when they were running a Bar/Restaurant several years back. He was a lovely guy, with no airs and graces and would give his time to anyone, never refusing an autograph.

I always admired his football record and remember him in the 66 WCF like it was yesterday, he is surely one of the best players England has produced.

It is a great sadness that he follows so close on the heals of his friend Peter Osgood, another gentleman of the old school.

Rest in peace Alan.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
It must of been a nice experience to meet both of them Rolf. Of course, sadly, Lesley died 3 years ago at the age of 57.