1deg west scandinavian channels

mayflower

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
corfu
can anyone pls tell which if any of the various scandie channels (tv3s etc) still exist in analogue on 1 west....used to get them all now no one seems to be able to programme a card to get any of them. Also does anyone know if it is possible to get digital scandie channels in the rest of europe... all i can find is svt europa which is about as much use as bbc prime. manythanks

lazydave

Reaction score
My Location
Aalborg, Denmark
Outside of the french channel "RTG 1" which is on C-band and therefore not of interest, the danish TV3's (TV3 and TV3+) are still available in D2-MAC, Danish Radio's second TV channel (DR2) is also there. Only TV3 and TV3+ are probably of interest to you.

I wouldn't go to a lot of trouble though, because, AFAIK the TV3 analogue channels will be stopped during the summer.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
mayflower said:
Also does anyone know if it is possible to get digital scandie channels in the rest of europe... all i can find is svt europa which is about as much use as bbc prime. manythanks

Without knowing how you intend on receiving them, its difficult to say.

There is a difference between free to air, hackable and channels available with a legit subscription

SVT Europa falls into the second category, FTA channels from Scandinavia are limited to about five, if you ignore the religious ones and the ethnic Kurdish community broadcast (Mezopotamya)
MTV Sweden, NRK1 Tegnspriak, Vision Norge, Rog, and one or two part time info channels.

There are feeds which provide further entertainment on the two main satellite slots of 1W and 5E, but then you are looking at a much larger dish for viewing these outside the main Scandinavian region.