1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st dish in France

Discussion in 'Pictures of Members' Setups and general satellite' started by 4wd, Apr 7, 2017.

1. st1

st1 SMC-dish aficionado

My Satellite Setup:
    Mostly SMC dishes pointing at 28.2E
    My Location:
    Nordsjælland, Denmark
    Will you be driving down again from NO at some point?
    I have too many 1.2 meter dishes - you can have my Gib 125 (which is a 1.2 in real life) if you want.
    It's slightly dented on one edge (see thread elsewhere on this site), but it does 28.x quite nicely here.
    And I have no multi-LNB holder to offer. You will need to source one elsewhere.
    Plus it's a long way on the roof rack to France!

2. 4wd

4wd Getting the picture

My Satellite Setup:
    5 W, 9,13,19,28 E
    My Location:
    Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
    ^^^ very friendly offer, thanks+++. Some time before am driving trough dk again, quite firmly planted here in France ftm, nearly 2 months now :O) Eventually no problem for transport, it would fit inside my van.

But very welcome to visit if you should go to the Nice\Cannes\Alpes Maritimes region :O)

Attached Files:

st1 likes this.
  3. 4wd

4wd Getting the picture

My Satellite Setup:
    5 W, 9,13,19,28 E
    My Location:
    Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
    Advancements :O)

Got some pieces of hardware to test out, now possibility to make some roughly better adjustments, 28e improved on the old, deformed 90cm. Getting BBC HD is a great improvement. Daytime got 2E & 2G, + some hints of 2F jumping in and out of lock.

The 'garden' pic (in post above) gives some hints of the environment, must find openings in forest + mountains.

Make the mount more stable (will need better support than the single steel band) and find a suitable dish, it all seems promising.

Attached Files:

• a1.jpg
      a1.jpg
      File size:
      399.3 KB
      Views:
    • b1.jpg
      b1.jpg
      File size:
      81.2 KB
      Views:
    Feedsat_DXer likes this.