Just Sharing This 2.2mtr Elite / Precision resurection.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
You're right:)
Have you seen the script examples here Pololu - 6.c. Example Scripts ?
Scroll down to Using an analog input to control servos
That's what I was thinking of using to monitor the LNB voltage to set V/H or L/R with a switch to change between linear & circular. Are you thinking of using the pot + sub-routines to read pot and write to pulse?

I don't know just yet G, iv'e only just got back in from taking the dog a walk since posting my last re: the Pololu. I'll give it a read now

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
John and baldemedia

I apologize for the late reply because of problem with internet.
Many thanks for advice i will take your advice when i paint my dish, i have just watched video for paint by electric paint sprayer other choice with fast and lovely finish however i will use sponge roller it is less cost and easy for use.

rgds

Choice a nice warm day for painting/should I say wait for a nice warm day :D, don't rush the second coat make sure the first coat is fully dry, give it a light rub down with wet and dry before second coat, you can rub any not so good bits out at this point,

What 2.3 dish do you have ?, some pictures would be nice of the revamp :)

satmania

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tiger receiver. FUJI lnb. skystar usb hd pc card
My Location
Beghazi Barqa Cyrenaica
Really i don't know maybe prime sat or famaval :) it was warped here some pictures before and after modified the big collar to correct the shape.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 21

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
That's some reenforcement there!

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Really i don't know maybe prime sat or famaval :) it was warped here some pictures before and after modified the big collar to correct the shape.

Looks like a nice dish, I was expecting my dish to be warped and have to do the same thing as you, luckily it was still in perfect shape,

Well done on the modification, is the dish a spun dish ?, thanks for posting the pictures, maybe a admin could move your post to its own thread, it would be nice to see more of this dish :)

satmania

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tiger receiver. FUJI lnb. skystar usb hd pc card
My Location
Beghazi Barqa Cyrenaica
Looks like a nice dish, I was expecting my dish to be warped and have to do the same thing as you, luckily it was still in perfect shape,
Well done on the modification, is the dish a spun dish ?, thanks for posting the pictures, maybe a admin could move your post to its own thread, it would be nice to see more of this dish :)

Many thanks blademedia

maybe it is, i tryed to make it in the perfect shape and have managed, but it was stand on edge so not sure to get spun dish, need to put it on stand to be sure if the shape is ok.

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Yes you will See better when its on the stand, put some strings on it and pull it into shape if necessary, you will see little circular lines on the dish face if it was a spun dish,

Please start a new thread here
DISH SETUP: Single sat, Multi-Sat & Motorised

Don't want to block Johns thread up, @Lazarus would you be so kind to move relevant posts to satmania new thread please