UK

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The dish in the link below has been on eBay for at least a year, possibly two years. The seller is asking big chips for it but he has a "Make Offer" option. You might be lucky and get it for skinny chips?

Raven Channel Master Andrews 2.4 meter satellite dish for Nilesat | eBay

Is your 2.4m Fortec Star not good enough for C Band, I am not sure how much improvement you would get with the CM 2.4m?

Rgds

66 Great North Way

NW4 1HS

That address looks familiar.........

Ebay feedback not particularly favourable either, he has form.

eBay Feedback profile for turbomaxx

A

Archive-8

Looking at it I would personally leave it alone, just looked up the company name. It is a well known one!

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I think the blocking point in puchasing the eBay 2.4m channel master dish would be in reaching agreement on price with the seller. For sure, the seller has negative eBay feedback and a chequered reputation, however, the item is a satellite dish and is not likely to suffer from malfunction after purchase.

If the dish is in good condition and all of the parts are present and I needed such a dish myself I would not let the sellers negative eBay feedback put me off. Havings said that, if it were an electrical item or something that could fail after purchase then I would steer clear and not contemplate a purchase.

Lexzie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xtrend ET10000 DVB-C, DVB-S2, and IPTV
Dreambox DM920 DVB-C/DVB-S2X/DVB-T2
TBS 5925 USB-tuner
80 cm fixed dish (28.2E/23.5E/19.2E)
180cm Channel Master offset dish with polarmount (39E-34.5W, Ku-band)
My Location
The Netherlands
if anyone needs the smaller 1.8 instead, or cash

I would like a 1.8m Channel Master, but transport to The Netherlands would be too much.

Last year there was a guy in Belgium selling an never used 2.4m Channel master (Andrew) Type 243 dish with:
- C-Band VSAT Circular Polarized Feed
- 2.4M AZ/EL MOUNT W/KU BAND FEED SUPPORT
+ old (>10 years) but still packed equipment:
- L-Band IF TRansceiver 6700/6900 series
- CDM-570/570L Comtech EF Sattellite Modem

It was too much for me unfortunately and with pain I had to let go this offer, I believe his first price was €1750 and he was very willing to drop the price.
I'm afraid the dish is already dumped but if anyone interested I can give you his personal details in a private message.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I would like a 1.8m Channel Master, but transport to The Netherlands would be too much.

Last year there was a guy in Belgium selling an never used 2.4m Channel master (Andrew) Type 243 dish with:
- C-Band VSAT Circular Polarized Feed
- 2.4M AZ/EL MOUNT W/KU BAND FEED SUPPORT
+ old (>10 years) but still packed equipment:
- L-Band IF TRansceiver 6700/6900 series
- CDM-570/570L Comtech EF Sattellite Modem

It was too much for me unfortunately and with pain I had to let go this offer, I believe his first price was €1750 and he was very willing to drop the price.
I'm afraid the dish is already dumped but if anyone interested I can give you his personal details in a private message.

There is at least one of those satellite auction traders operating out of Holland, the 3.8m Prodelin I helpd install south of London a couple of years ago was shipped over from there and was about a tenth of the new price.

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
There is at least one of those satellite auction traders operating out of Holland, the 3.8m Prodelin I helpd install south of London a couple of years ago was shipped over from there and was about a tenth of the new price.

How did you find the install ?, I've had a few of these in the past, nice dish with a tight beam width, no room for error on the install.