Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
That will stop them
Birds will be stopped to sit on top of the dish, that is for sure. But those spikes will not stop them poo from a distance :D. Is antenna pointed south? What is visible arc for that?

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
What is visible arc for that?

Unsure at the moment, I need to move it further up the runway, I can only get to 60E at the moment and the bird defenders are hitting the arbour
IMG_3868.JPG

Electrified?

No, I don't want to hurt them :), there's enough landing spots for them without using the dish.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
That reminds me 4K channel when picture is joined from 4 separate channels. This time I've seen left side of the dish, but still can not see overall picture, as CJ has asked several times some posts earlier. I also see those fragments as parts of something bigger but hidden from view.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
That reminds me 4K channel when picture is joined from 4 separate channels. This time I've seen left side of the dish, but still can not see overall picture, as CJ has asked several times some posts earlier. I also see those fragments as parts of something bigger but hidden from view.

It might be the 2.4m channel master dish on the chain drive mount? Did you see the pictures of the chain drive mount fabricated by "blademedia"? It was possibly the best piece of fabrication work I have ever seen on this forum, it was superb, very heavy duty and extremely high quality work. Perhaps "blade" has installed the 2.4m channel master on it in the background out of sight of the camera pictures? :)

A

Archive-8

Perhaps some of the guys in the know can join the photos together. (Paint or similar) :)

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
I don't understand all this picture business ?, things that's relevant is in view, its not compulsory to show your house car garage wife etc is it ?

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
It might be the 2.4m channel master dish on the chain drive mount? Did you see the pictures of the chain drive mount fabricated by "blademedia"? It was possibly the best piece of fabrication work I have ever seen on this forum, it was superb, very heavy duty and extremely high quality work. Perhaps "blade" has installed the 2.4m channel master on it in the background out of sight of the camera pictures? :)
Thanks D, I try my best.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Quite true it's not compulsory..................

But it does help ;)

Yup.

Always nice to see such worthy Projects in a wider context.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Anyone good at jigsaw puzzles?

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Did you see the pictures of the chain drive mount
Sure I've seen some pictures of the chain and a mount. But I've never seen any antenna installed on that mount and never seen the mount fulfilling the task of turning something like antenna. Of course, nobody here is obliged to post any pictures , especially if there might be issues of privacy or identity. But OTOH, if poster speaks about motorized antenna then it should not be too many issues showing antenna and not only some parts of it!
For example, there are some pictures of my OPEL (or whatever you call it in UK, Italy or elsewhere). From the pictures provided can you see how nice is this car, how good it drives, what it's number plate? I could show you more but it might be privacy breach, so, you will get nothing more. And to prevent possibility to go to picture's properties and look for location stamp, I made them as screenshots.... no stamps there. To get full confidentiality and privacy protection, I would also use IP anonimyzer and that is to not let you know where car is parked in case somebody wish to steal it.
Pictures: ScreenHunter_232 Mar. 17 07.57.jpg ScreenHunter_233 Mar. 17 07.57.jpg ScreenHunter_234 Mar. 17 07.57.jpg ScreenHunter_235 Mar. 17 07.57.jpg ScreenHunter_236 Mar. 17 07.58.jpg ScreenHunter_237 Mar. 17 07.58.jpg ScreenHunter_238 Mar. 17 07.58.jpg I can make more pictures :rolleyes: But, maybe real reason for me to show such a scaled pictures is some skeleton in the closet?!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I don't understand all this picture business ?, things that's relevant is in view, its not compulsory to show your house car garage wife etc is it ?

You're still married ?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Picked more smaller ones up yesterday, will be starting another modification on rainy days :)
View attachment 104964

Ka band LNB/Feed with the smaller collars or different Ku feeds?

I dont think you have mentioned any plans to use the 2.4m DH antenna for Ka? It's a very well made dish and the parabolic shape was good when you strung it so it might be interesting to see what the Ka band performance would be like.

Rgds

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Ka band LNB/Feed with the smaller collars or different Ku feeds?

I dont think you have mentioned any plans to use the 2.4m DH antenna for Ka? It's a very well made dish and the parabolic shape was good when you strung it so it might be interesting to see what the Ka band performance would be like.

Rgds

Hi D, all my plans have changed, ive decided to install a dish farm, consisting of 2.4 DH channel master 2.4 unknown 2.7 and a small channel master 1.8,

Next install will be the small channel master 1.8, I have a brand new H to H and actuator same as the one on the 2.4 DH for this setup, I need to make new arms for the 1.8 to accept the LNB ring for C/KU/KA

Then I will move on the channel master 2,4, new arms a feed holder ring to make for this one, ive decided to use the precise positioning chain driven mount for this install C/KU/KA, another movable base to make for this install,

Then move on to the 2.7. this will be used for C band only, movable base to make for this install,

It will be slow progress when time permits, but that's the plan :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
:eek:

Crikey, BM, that's a daunting Project.

Looking forward to further tales of derring-do ;)

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi D, all my plans have changed, ive decided to install a dish farm, consisting of 2.4 DH channel master 2.4 unknown 2.7 and a small channel master 1.8,

Next install will be the small channel master 1.8, I have a brand new H to H and actuator same as the one on the 2.4 DH for this setup, I need to make new arms for the 1.8 to accept the LNB ring for C/KU/KA

Then I will move on the channel master 2,4, new arms a feed holder ring to make for this one, ive decided to use the precise positioning chain driven mount for this install C/KU/KA, another movable base to make for this install,
Then move on to the 2.7. this will be used for C band only, movable base to make for this install,
It will be slow progress when time permits, but that's the plan :)

Top stuff, its gonna be some site to see when its all up and running. Whats the price of a one day ticket to take the tour around the farm....:)

Rgds