2 boxes, 1 dish/motor?

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
I now have 2 boxes.... technomate 1500 and a 'spare' phoenix apollo, I am using the technomate as main model, what would happen if I run a cable from the techno out of the lnb out to the phoenix?, i.e would the phoenix try to run the diseqc or lnb,or overide the techno?... does one have to be on and one off?, you know what I mean!
Or am I just better sticking a twin lnb on?.... techno driving dish, 2nd lnb outut to phoenix?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Results can be unpredictable depending on the actual receivers, and limited in the channels you can watch on the secondary box. A twin LNB is so much more elegant and effective.

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Cheers bud.... was trying to avoid 'another' wire ;) .... and the holes that accompany them :rolleyes:

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, believe me I'm with you on that one, but it's far and away the best solution. Maybe you can drag a second cable through the same hole, or just open it up a bit?

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yorkshire
that wouldn't be a problem, but such a shame to disturb the sky+ cables, sky+ link cable, ariel cable.... all siliconed in with a couple of brick plates to tidy it off (+ brick plate on entry to upstairs), plus you know it does the coax no good pulling it around....... could use outdoor ariel entry cable and use an indoor ariel :-rofl2
Not made easy as the sky+ cables go in the diff holes (easiest upgrade), could use link cable but that's now feeding the uhf upstairs....
could do away with the ariel all together and watch TV through sky!.... errr Not! the pixelling on lesser sky channels is absolutly sh*te... the digital signal is pants :rolleyes:

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
i did this looping coax thing, just as you asked :)

its not a good idea, you will find that you have trouble moving the dish and will also get a weaker signal too

well i did anyway :)

2 wires.... and even better 2 dishes lol

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
stealthpirate said:
that wouldn't be a problem, but such a shame to disturb the sky+ cables, sky+ link cable, ariel cable.... all siliconed in with a couple of brick plates to tidy it off (+ brick plate on entry to upstairs), plus you know it does the coax no good pulling it around....... could use outdoor ariel entry cable and use an indoor ariel :-rofl2
Not made easy as the sky+ cables go in the diff holes (easiest upgrade), could use link cable but that's now feeding the uhf upstairs....
could do away with the ariel all together and watch TV through sky!.... errr Not! the pixelling on lesser sky channels is absolutly sh*te... the digital signal is pants :rolleyes:

Well yes, you have to treat it with care, but it sounds like you've got enough cables! :-rofl2

You know you can get a box to mix/split your terrestrial and sat signals if you are that adverse to more cables?

Why is your digital satellite signal so sh!t? You certainly don't have to put up with that. Get the installer back or sort it yourself. Some minor alignment tweaking or a slightly bigger dish will fix it.

STICK

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yorkshire
BGonaSTICK said:
Why is your digital satellite signal so sh!t? You certainly don't have to put up with that. Get the installer back or sort it yourself. Some minor alignment tweaking or a slightly bigger dish will fix it.

STICK
No mate, good signal and stuff, I was refering to the watering down of the digital signal from sky on the lesser channels... more blocky or pixely if you know what I mean?......... may just go one more cable for downstairs... or do you think I should put 2 through while I'm at it :rolleyes: ... just in case ;)
Come to think of it 2 would be good for the phoenix downstairs.... 1 from twin lnb on diseqc 80cm dish (mainly on 13) and one from 28 off quad on sky dish using diseqc switch!!!!!
Come on :p

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yorkshire
RedDevil_UK said:
i did this looping coax thing, just as you asked :)

its not a good idea, you will find that you have trouble moving the dish and will also get a weaker signal too

well i did anyway :)

2 wires.... and even better 2 dishes lol

Yeah, gonna go twin lnb I thinks ;)