2 Digiboxes off 1 dish

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Won't work gselliot, due to the nature of how the digibox and the LNb inter-react.

The LNB receives in two different polarities, horizontal and vertical, plus high and lowband, making four different potential states; Vertical Low band, Vertical High band, Horizontal Low band and Horizontal High band. It can only operate one at a time and needs a command from the receiver to tell it which state to receive in, therefor, a second receiver may send conflicting requests to the LNB.

What you need is a twin or quad LNB, if it is a Sky minidish, you can pick one up for £30 or so on eBay, then all you do is run a second cable to the extra digibox.

gselliott

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I will have a look for another LNB, are these easy to install??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes they are, if it a minidish, then you just pull out a plastic lock plug and the old LNB slides out, you have to be careful that you don't move the dish though.

If it is a standard non-sky dish, it is normally only two screws.