2 dishes - 1 receiver

pempeke

PRIMEIRO MINISTRO
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mirage 900sci
a adubar tudo e + alguma coisa quando nao ha trancas na porta.para o resto, enigmas...
My Location
Buckingham Palace
Hi.

I am about to have 2 separate dishes and LNB (1 for Hotbird and the other 1 logged onto Hispasat). Will I be able to switch from one channel to the other (even if in different satellites) without any problems. Was told I might have to switch satellites first...

This is probably a very silly question but I am very new to this, so any help would be more than welcome. Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If your receiver is DiseqC capable, then you need a DiseqC 2 Way switch (can be mounted externally), then your receiver will automatically switch between the two satellites on channel selection.

If you are going that route, you may want to look at a second LNB for Astra 19.2 on the Hotbird dish and a 4 Way switch. :)

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
rolfw said:
If you are going that route, you may want to look at a second LNB for Astra 19.2 on the Hotbird dish and a 4 Way switch. :)

you can get 'em cheap on ebay:

_http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46090&item=5763625237

even after postage can come in cheaper than a UK supplier (assuming you're in UK)....

then you can buy a nice waterproof box and have it outside near your dishes....

_http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=38620

cheers. cts