2 Dreamboxes - only one works properly?

ash213

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, INVERTO Silver Tech Universal Twin LNB 0.2, Technomate 80cm mesh dish
My Location
BRISTOL
Chaps.

I have 2 DB's. One downstairs which is perfect and one i have just installed upstairs, however the one upstairs is not speaking to the dish at all....

From what i can remember the satellite installer told me he was going to have one lead direct from motor to box and one lead from the LNB to the second box...not sure which one is connected to what tbh.

Anyways, any way of getting this 2nd box working properly? ive put in correct co-ordinates as are detailed on the other box.

cheers

A nonymous

Reaction score
Which Dreamboxes are we talking about and what images as each image is slightly different, plus there is a huge difference between an E2 image and an E1 image.

You have your setup the same as mine by the sounds of it.

I have my Gigablue running the motor and the DM7020si in my bedroom connected to the second lnb output. It works fine.

Its either you have the box setup wrong or the the cable coming from the lnb has a fault, either with the cable itself or the connectors.

It could also be a fault with he lnb as its not uncommon for a port to go down on multi output lnb. Worst case senario is that the fault could be with the tuner in the second DM. I suggest you check it on the working connection first to rule it out.

Nano

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
And obviously the box connected direct to the LNB can only ever get Channels from whichever Satellite the other Dreambox last drove the dish to ....................

So do make sure you haven't misled yourself after rightly discovering no signal on all but one Satellites.

Also, it doesn't matter a jot what coordinates you enter into the box directly connected to the dish as it isn't driving the motor anyway.

ash213

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BRISTOL
Tivù said:
And obviously the box connected direct to the LNB can only ever get Channels from whichever Satellite the other Dreambox last drove the dish to ....................

So do make sure you haven't misled yourself after rightly discovering no signal on all but one Satellites.

Also, it doesn't matter a jot what coordinates you enter into the box directly connected to the dish as it isn't driving the motor anyway.

so basically i have to just go on the channel that is on downstairs? can i control anything upstairs at all from the box that is connected to the LNB?

the image on the 2nd box is nabilosat black hole v 0.11

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No, not the Channel the downstairs one is on, but the Satellite it is on: Your downstairs box is acting as a Positioner for both boxes.

The upstairs box, as it has its own LNB feed (but is not driving the motor) can get any and all Channels from wherever you have driven the dish to with the downstairs box.

ie Drive dish to 28E with the motor-controlling dish then the upstairs box can get all 28E Channels.

ash213

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BRISTOL
Tivù said:
No, not the Channel the downstairs one is on, but the Satellite it is on: Your downstairs box is acting as a Positioner for both boxes.

The upstairs box, as it has its own LNB feed (but is not driving the motor) can get any and all Channels from wherever you have driven the dish to with the downstairs box.

ie Drive dish to 28E with the motor-controlling dish then the upstairs box can get all 28E Channels.

RIGHT

sorted thank you now i understand...

now....how do i get my dreambox to pick up wifi signal from modem downstairs.....

i have one of those vonets things but never got it working properly and it some how blew up a laptop in the past...

any ideas?

ta.