2 LNBs -13e and 16e on same dish,possible?

quisling

Reaction score
I have a 1m dish aligned on 13e. I wish to use a second LNB offset to get 16e. However, is it possible to achieve this given there is only a 3 degree difference between the sats?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
May be a bit tight, you could consider adding a DiSEqC motor which will handle a 1m dish from your existing single cable.

This will give you the option of many satellites including the two you want and save buying a second LNB/bracket.

Check if your receiver is DiSEqC compatable.

quisling

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I have a DM7000. I would eventually like to go motorised, but not just yet (I have mounting problems). I have Nova Cyprus and DigitalB cards, and also have the spare LNB, cable, and Diseqc switch, so it would be prefereable for now if I can leave the dish as it is and add the extra LNB to enable me to enjoy my subscriptions. If somebody has already achieved this, it would be good to know. If not I will try anyway and consider a motor if the attempt fails. Just trying to get some info so as to make sure I'm not wasting my time.

nissan

Reaction score
Oh yes thats ok , i got 80cm dish with 2 lnbs (13e 19e) just remember to adjust the DISEQC ON 2 ON YOUR SET UP MENU.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may manage it with two ALPS LNBs, they have a bullet tip and the heads can be placed closer together than standard LNBs, otherwise you will have difficulties.

Horizon were trying to market a triple monoblock for 19/16/13 East, but seem to have dropped the idea, perhaps it needs a global market to make it worthwhile.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes nissan, that works well when the satellites are 6 degrees apart, but quisling wants 13 and 16 East, this doesn't work well with standard LNBs, as one of the LNBs will only see the edge of the dish and pick up a lot of noise.

nissan

Reaction score
Yes i agree with you, that leaves quisling with the ALPS LNBs or 2nd dish or motorised system.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
This alps lnb is smaller.

quisling

Reaction score
Thankyou everyone for the replies :-ohmy. I tried briefly using the second LNB but could not get any signal, so the most cost effective thing to do now is find another dish. I will add it by the side of the first.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Just want to add one more thing:

The costs for extra dishes,Diseqc-switches and LNB:s will very fast be more expensive than going motorised.

Good luck!