2 recievers from 1 dish, possible?

ronbol

Reaction score
need a little help with this one.

for the past 4 years i have had a motorised system in the extension and normal freeview in the front lounge. The wife now wants sky in the front room but do to the fact that neighbours complained when we last had 2 dishes up I need this to come from one dish.

I could go twin LNB and goto sky receiver and main receiver but when the dish moves from 28e the sky receiver loses the signal! she'll not be happy.

so what other options have i got. the main sats i use are 28e 19e 16e 13e so could I go away from motorised?

I am really not sure what way to go, or what kit i'll need.

thanx in advance

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

Excluding certain areas, the planning laws allow you to have two dishes up, one up to 1m the other up to 60cm or thereabouts.

It would be a shame to lose the motorised dish, if you could arrange to place the small minidish where your neighbours couldn't see it, this would be the best option all round. I have mine below the fence level.

It is also possible to have a fixed dish with a number of LNBs on it. Those four satellites are possible with a Triax multibracket for example, with narrow feedhorn LNBs for 13E,16E and 19E. You would also need to install a TWIN LNB for 28E if you wanted a feed to another box.
For the other receiver a 4-way Diseqc switch could be used to switch between the four LNBs.

Another dish that is well known for working well with multi LNBs is the Raven Gemini.

Take a look around the forum, there are many examples of multi-LNB setups.

I assume that ypou have a reasonably largish dish anyway since you are after 16E?

Robbo:)

ronbol

Reaction score
is there anywhere i can find this information out, i was told by the council last time that one dish would have to go.

thanx again

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
What about one of these. Bit expensive though.

_http://www.simply-satellite.net/Digiglobe.html

ronbol

Reaction score
thanks for everyone that replied. I contacted the local council and asked them , I should have no problem with a second dish installed. so that solves the problem.