2 Satellite dishes on 1 House?

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had experienced problems with having two dishes on one house in legal terms?

I want to keep my Sky digital install as is - but I am planning to get another 90cm dish.

What do you think? am I in for a rough time? Do the councils frown and act on this sort of thing?

Thanks for any info?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It depends is anyone complains about it. Councils dont tend to actively seek householders who have two dishes up - unless you are in any sort of a conservation area.

However, if someone does snitch, then the local council could demand you remove one of the dishes.

Maybe paint the dishes the same colour as the wall they are mounted on to hide them a bit??

Can you mount one of the dishes on a low pole in the garden where no-one can see it?

If the 90cm is a fixed dish then put a LNB on a side arm for 28E if the dish isnt pointing too far away from 28E.

benfica1970

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent
Hi I have had a 60cm and a 90cm dish up now for the best part of 15 years and I have experienced no problems whatso ever with council or neighbours.

I suppose it depends though with neigbours though

Jane

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I too have had no problems about having two dishes on my front wall, it all depends on your neighbours really, and maybe your council.
Try it and see what happens, the only problem I have every had is when some b*sta*d stole my Sky dish (brackets and all) off the wall one night !
Even then the Police never even bothered to pay me a visit.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Why do you want two dishes? If i was you i would buy the WaveFrontier T90 toroidal dish, then you can receive up to 16 satellites and each performing like a 90 cm dish.

wave2.jpg

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
WANT ONE!! Just as a matter of interest what satellites do you have set up on that?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Rob said:
...the only problem I have every had is when some b*sta*d stole my Sky dish (brackets and all) off the wall one night !
Even then the Police never even bothered to pay me a visit.
Probably worried you'd recognise them...:rolleyes:

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Likvid said:
Why do you want two dishes? If i was you i would buy the WaveFrontier T90 toroidal dish, then you can receive up to 16 satellites and each performing like a 90 cm dish.
Cool :cool: . Completely mad ^-J , but cool. :cool: