Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A contributor on the alt.satellite.tv.europe newsgroup is reporting 20W is worth looking at if you are into feeds. Intelsat 603 has been fired up with strong reception: I quote:

" ....it's just turned up at 20 west with a > 50dbw beam maximised over England and lots of channels coming through FTA for several hours either side of daily equator crossing transits. ( Maximum deviation is approx +/- 2.2 degrees about the equator ).

Late morning to mid-afternoon viewing today on Intelsat 603 has included events at several greyhound stadiums, horse-riding tracks, political hot-spots and a church requiem."

hxxp://www.lyngsat.com/i603.html

for the current tp parameters.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hmmm Inclined orbit , so reception for most for about 2 hours a day

Breadfan

Reaction score
Can somebody please explain what 'inclined orbit' means. Is it something to do with the bird moving on and off the arc? If so, is it possible to track this movement in anyway?

I'm a complete newbie here, about to set up my 1st motorised system, this forum looks to contain lots of good advice : )

Thanks,
Breadfan

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Breadfan said:
Can somebody please explain what 'inclined orbit' means.

Inclined orbit: Any nonequatorial orbit of a satellite. Inclined orbits may be circular or elliptical, synchronous or asynchronous, and direct or retrograde.

You can track them but it is expensive and a bit pointless for Satellite viewing as all the other satellites are on the equator.

Breadfan

Reaction score
Thanks Gameboy, 1st of probably many questions cleared up : )
Breadfan.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Who mentioned it was expensive ?

Modern stuff doesnt lend iteself very well to satellites in a non equatorial orbit its true (which is one reason I steer (sic) clear from DiSEqC kit most of the time ), but almost all equipment from five or so years ago, can be utilised with a linear drive motor and a battery to give full time signals from a Ku band bird doing the figure of eight.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
greyhound stadiums, horse-riding tracks, political hot-spots and a church requiem

think ill stay clear of them then :)

you could have lied and said its was beaming all the new episodes of american sitcoms and movies from america to $ky headquarters lol, i was just getting excited when i read the bit about greyhounds and horses.