22Khz tone problems in daisy chain setup.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Here's an interesting one, whilst setting up a system for a friend yesterday, I encountered a problem with one of the receivers.

BEC digital 6600 power to LNB, loop through to Pace 500ip no power to lnb, using for positioner and one analogue channel at 12Ghz.

The analogue channel would only appear for a second or so and then disappear for a second and back on etc. I haven't had a chance to go back to the system yet, but my guess is that I need to reset the 22Khz tone switch to off on the Pace as it would appear to be constantly cancelling the BEC signal.

Any thoughts anyone?

Rolf

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Rolf

Is he planning to watch/use both receivers at the same time?

I get the same thing with my loop through a Humax F1CI to a Grundig GRD 200, so I have to turn the Humax Off to watch the analogue.

Would be interested in the solution to this one though.

Regards

W Hole

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well, I'm going back tomorrow to have a fiddle and see if my diagnosis is correct. There is only one channel on the Pace that he wants to watch, a Cypriot one on 5e, so we were turning off the power to the LNB on the Pace and powering up through the BEC.

We tried turning off the LNB on the BEC and driving from the Pace, but that didn't work at all.

I'm taking a Twin LNB with me tomorrow, just in case we can't resolve the problem.

Rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Are you using a smart priority switch? Perhaps that would help?
Global do a good one (SPS1).
http://www.globalcom.co.uk/accesories/sps1.html

2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Looked at the smart priority option 2old, there is a slight problem that due to the 80cm dish, some of the signals that he is trying to pull in are borderline, so putting anything in line with an attenuation figure is undesirable.

We decided in the end to go with the twin LNB, which was newer with a lower noise figure. This also gives the advantage of being able to move and fine tune the dish while both receivers are running.

Rolf