28.2 and 19.2 on one dish??

N

nick6470

Hi All

I am living in Germany and have my dish pointing at 28.2 to receive sky (dish is 80 cm), would it be possible with a second lnb, to receive a sighnal from the astra sat. at 19.2 so i can watch the german tv\sat ?

TIA Nick

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Nick, should be fine. :)

N

nick6470

Any ideas where i can buy the attatchment that will allow me to connect a second LNB with a 9 deg difference to the main LNB, all i find are ones going up to 6 deg.

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They can be found online Nick, but many of them are the wrong way round, designed to have 28.2 as the secondary focus. I'll have a look and see if I can find one.

P

Pligs76

My Location
uh::no
A friend of mine just installed just that in Germany using a 90cm Triax dish with a holder for up to 4 LNB's. Working like a gem.

N

nick6470

Does 28.2 have to be my prime focus? I guess so as i am not in the middle of the footprint? At the moment i have a triax dish 60cm x 70cm, would i see a bigger improvment in reception for bbc and itv if i changed to a 90 cm dish? would this also help to receive the 19.2 astra sat?

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The difference in reception between a 60/70cm and a 90cm is quite big, you should see a big improvement. Is it impossible to have two dishes? If not, you could probably use one of the Technisat 55cm dishes for your Astra 19.2 reception.

N

nick6470

No Two dishes not possible, i guess i will just have to give it a go with the 88cm triax dish and see if i can pick up both sat's. Thanks for your help.

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Triax make their own holders for the TD range.

TRIAX Twin LNB Holder for TD Range
3 - 10 Degree Spacing
Triax Twin LNB Holder for TD Range

Flexible twin LNB holder for TD series, maximum recommended separation for satellites 10dgs. Both LNB's are set-up in the offset position.
Raven do a bracket for their Gemini range, you have a choice of west or east offset.

Stock Code - A27116
GEMINI Right Hand LNB Holder(West Sats.)
Use with GEMINI 70 & 90cm Dishes Only

Attachments