28 and 19 degrees

mickbarlow

Reaction score
I have juts bought a new house and i am gonna get sky but i wanna use a pc-card to play with other sats such at astra 19 or/and hotbird 13.

Am i really allowed to put 2 dishes up or can i have a twin lnb situation or even a triple...

Don't wanna venture into motorised really coz of the cost and i dont wanna a reciever (apart fro sky downstairs), just a pc-card in my room upstairs.

Any info appreciated

cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have a couple of dishes on my wall and nobody seems to worry, one is a fixed dish for 28.2 and the other is a steerable DiseqC motor using a zone 2 minidish. Only problem is that some of the PCI receivers do not happily handle a DiseqC motor (see thread in PC card based receiver forum).

The reason I suggest a steerable dish is that you may find 19.2 an 13E a little limited, particularly with what is available on 30W and 1W.

If you were to decide on a fixed dish option, you could probably get away with an 80cm for all three 28.2, 19.2 and 13E on the same dish, but not the best solution, this would allow you to use the budget Skystar 2 card at around the £50 mark using a diseqC switch for the two non-Sky satellites.

mickbarlow

Reaction score
Cheers Rolf, i suppose i better be friendly with the missus then and try and invest in a motorised dish then...