28E (2D) and 13E

sgar

My Location
Sweden
Hi guys, i am planning to get a bigger dish (offset 150 ish) to get the BBC from where i live, but i would like to know if i can use another lnb's @ 13E. I currently have a 80 cm dish. I watch a lot @ 13E but some of the channels are a bit weak, so my question is this, if i buy the 150cm dish and put 28E in the middle and 13 E on the side ( providing that it can be done) would 13E be better or worse than what it is now on my 80 cm dish?

Thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm not convinced that you would gain very much if anything on the 13E signal sgar, 15 degrees is a big offset.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Sweden is a very tall country - which part are you in ?

The chances are that there will be improvement (15 degrees should be no real problem with the standard type of offset dish) but what will make a difference is your location

Why not use both dishes, 1.5m on 28E and 80cm on Hotbird ?

sgar

My Location
Sweden
Hi guys, thanks for the replyes, i am in south Sweden , about 160Km south of Ghotenburg.
I am not sure that dish will be enough for 2D, but at the moment my 80 Cm dish is struggling with some channels on 13E, the signal is around 19 with a little rain ( i have tried all different things, altrough most of 13E is with a really strong signal). So basically, invest in a bigger dish ( hoping to get a bit of astra 2d and improve 13E as well. I hope that it can be done.

PS : i have a Humax 5400