2D in Cyprus - Frassle

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
anelayh said:
How the flaps have been put, could you be more explicit please.

Only the Famaval 2.4m dish can have extensions.There are holes around the rim of the dish and the flaps are bolted to the dish and each other around the dish to enlarge it to about 3.1m.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Iceman,what is the minimum size dish that gets bbc and itv in Your area?

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
zorba said:
Iceman,what is the minimum size dish that gets bbc and itv in Your area?

To my knowledge,the smallest dish to get them is 3m Channel Master Prime focus+invacom quad+adjustable feed.But i have been told he has breakups early evenings.

iceman

westy

Reaction score
Website
www.westlandelectronics.tk
My Location
england/cyprus
iceman said:
To my knowledge,the smallest dish to get them is 3m Channel Master Prime focus+invacom quad+adjustable feed.But i have been told he has breakups early evenings.

iceman

Can someone let me know is this dish segmented or one piece?

I use an offset dish but it does catch the wind so needs to be well anchored down.
The measurements are 2.5m wide and 2.8m high picture enclosed.
Anyone else got one of these?
What results do you get?
I use the invacom 0.3db offset, but are waiting for a feedhorn to try a C120 LNB to see if you can get more signal from the dish with a better feed.
Any comments please
Westy

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
westy said:

I use an offset dish but it does catch the wind so needs to be well anchored down.
What results do you get?
I use the invacom 0.3db offset, but are waiting for a feedhorn to try a C120 LNB to see if you can get more signal from the dish with a better feed.
Any comments please
Westy

1-This Channel Master dish is segmented (four pieces)
2-You wont have any result with C120+feed on your offset dish.(unless the feed was specially designed for your dish)

iceman

chris_lim

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi again,

Finally I managed to get some of ITV and BBC :-righton . With my 2,4m dish with extensions that make it 3,1m a twin Invacom 0,3db LNB with adjustable feed 20m wire and a Panasonic TU-DSB30 digibox. I live on the east sea front of Limassol (Agios Tychonas) and my dish on the fourth floor of a building with no obstacles around. I can get BBC and ITV (no ITV2) from 11:30am to 02:30am. It breaks up sometimes between these hours but is watchable. My satman used a digital meter which helped a lot. My signal bar for 10832 and 10773 (10773 is stronger than 10832 but 10744 is the strongest and I think that it can be received 24 hrs) when I connected the wire to my Dr Overflow NOKIA 9200 is better than Channel 4 which I get 24hrs no problem. My question is whether th quad Invacom might help me for better reception.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
chris_lim said:
My question is whether the quad Invacom might help me for better reception.

I have a feeling that might do the trick for you chris.
Give it a go,compare the result & let us know the outcome.

iceman

frassle

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cyprus
westy said:

What results do you get?
Any comments please
Westy

I'm using the same dish. Tried the feedhorn with the C120 lnb and it only gives a marginal improvement.
How much improvement do you need. I get BBC and ITV 24 hours a day. Some slight noise around 21:30 but the picture doesn't break up.

anelayh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
2x 3m dishes
My Location
cyprus
iceman said:
2-You wont have any result with C120+feed on your offset dish.(unless the feed was specially designed for your dish)

iceman
Im the guy with the channel Master.
I lose reception on ITV at the usual times when the signal is weak. My Panasonic box is registered with Granada as default.and by entering London ITV as an extra channel I manage to regain ITV at
all times. BBC no problems.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
westy said:

What results do you get?
Any comments please
Westy

Can't see your picture! what make is your dish,the offsets are usually quite stable.Where are you in Cyprus?

westy

Reaction score
Website
My Location
england/cyprus
iceman said:

iceman
Thanks for reply about CM dish.
The feedhorn will be matched to the dish as the feedhorn manufacturer has asked for the FD ratio and full dish spec I will let you know the results but it will take time to get feedhorn made.

Westy

mctighed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cyprus
zorba said:
Try an MTI offset lnb,or TELSPLIT twin offset which is better,or twin STRONG. .Tell your satman to just try it.I know the supra 2.4 offset dish is okay in paralimni.I don't rate the cambridge personally and the genesis was a waste of time and money.
As a matter of interest what make is your box?black grundig or panasonic 31 are no good for ch4,g.plus,men and motors etc.

I have a TUDSB35 and a second hand TUDSB30. I know that there is a god like reverence for the 30 and I have read a bad write up for the 35 on digital spy, but I connected both to a twin output LNB and found the 35 much better. I swapped the coaxial cables over with the same results. This is not scientific testing as I only compared one box with another, but I can only speak as I find.

Regards Derek

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
chris_lim said:
Hi again,

Finally I managed to get some of ITV and BBC :-righton . With my 2,4m dish with extensions that make it 3,1m a twin Invacom 0,3db LNB with adjustable feed 20m wire and a Panasonic TU-DSB30 digibox. I live on the east sea front of Limassol (Agios Tychonas) and my dish on the fourth floor of a building with no obstacles around. I can get BBC and ITV (no ITV2) from 11:30am to 02:30am. It breaks up sometimes between these hours but is watchable. My satman used a digital meter which helped a lot. My signal bar for 10832 and 10773 (10773 is stronger than 10832 but 10744 is the strongest and I think that it can be received 24 hrs) when I connected the wire to my Dr Overflow NOKIA 9200 is better than Channel 4 which I get 24hrs no problem. My question is whether th quad Invacom might help me for better reception.

Is that ITV london?what about disney(613),hallmark(190) and eurosport news(413)10.744 are the irish channels but you need a card from ireland to get them except the radio channels.How much did the extensions and lnb cost ?

chris_lim

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zorba said:
Is that ITV london?what about disney(613),hallmark(190) and eurosport news(413)10.744 are the irish channels but you need a card from ireland to get them except the radio channels.How much did the extensions and lnb cost ?

Yes it's ITV London (I can get from 9:30am to 2:30am). Disney I can get but for less hours (12:00am to 9:00pm) ESP news and Hallmark is a little worse. RTE I can tell by checking the sound on the FTA Radio channels (I can get it for 24hrs). I will pm for prices.

ru4real

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500+, Humax irci 5400
My Location
Cyprus
longridge said:
2.7m dishes along the Limmasol beach work fine.Going up towards Pareklissia and Ayios Tyxonas FORGET IT!
From Pissouri towards Paphos 2.7m work fantastic(In Paphos you dont even need the Quad lnb.The single is fine!
I have also put a couple of those lnbs on 2.4m dishes with extensions and were ok but that also depends how the flaps have been put! That becomes 3m and not 3.2m
My friend ICEMAN hasnt got a problem since he has a 4.2m dish:)
Any questions i will be happy to help!
Best regards
longridge

Any idea what size dish is needed in Nicosia to get similar results? Lager or smaller than Limmasol?

O

Old Fred

mctighed said:
I have a TUDSB35 and a second hand TUDSB30. I know that there is a god like reverence for the 30 and I have read a bad write up for the 35 on digital spy, but I connected both to a twin output LNB and found the 35 much better. I swapped the coaxial cables over with the same results. This is not scientific testing as I only compared one box with another, but I can only speak as I find.

Regards Derek

That's interesting. Everyone seems to think that the TU-DSB35 is the same as the TU-DSB31 and has a crap tuner. I've just phoned around a few friends who kindly unscrewed their covers and read out what was printed on their tuner modules (they think I'm nuts) as follows:-

TU-DSB31

On top of tuner: 803 7A10C

On label:

TU-DSB31
20/08/01 B5

TU-DSB30

On top of tuner: 403C 7A02F

On label:

ENA67A02C3
04 03
Made in Japan

TU-DSB-40

On top of tuner: 122 7A16B ? (not sure - well he's 82 and blind as a bat!)

Can't read label.

So now I'm very curious to know if your TU-DSB35 tuner module matches one of these or is different yet again?

Fred

O

Old Fred

ru4real said:
Any idea what size dish is needed in Nicosia to get similar results? Lager or smaller than Limmasol?
Lager? Don't you mean Keo beer? :)

According to Titos of Titosat, both Limmasol and Nicosia need 3.3m dishes. Pafos gets away with 3.1m. FOR Ayia Napa a 3.7m will work better.

Fred

westy

Reaction score
Website
My Location
england/cyprus
Old Fred said:

According to Titos of Titosat, both Limmasol and Nicosia need 3.3m dishes. Pafos gets away with 3.1m. FOR Ayia Napa a 3.7m will work better.

Fred

I have setup a few 2.4 offset pictured above and they take BBC1/ITV 24 hours a day but only in certain parts of Pafos I don't know why though.
I am just inland from Pafos and I get complete dropout after 9pm using same equipment

Westy

C

Coca-Cooper

Old Fred said:

Fred

My Satman told me these sizes were good for summer viewing, but would have problems in the winter (cloud coverage).

He told me a 3.8m would be better.