2D in Cyprus - Frassle

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Its been out for a few months, only lately has the NIT gained a reputation in the UK

Pity theres no upgrade to Digital picture reception, but for the price its hard to beat

frassle

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cyprus
rolfw said:
Didn't think that the NIT had been out for that long Frassle, are you sure it's the NIT http://www.emitor.se/instruments/satlook_digital NIT.htm

It may have been February I bought it. Doesn't time fly. Anyway just gat a Promax, trying to figure out how to drive it now. It's a totally different meter. The NIT was fine but on a fringe reception you need all the help you can get.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've certainly found it very good, I've got the old Unaohm analogue for a better spectrum, it will also provide digital power, but no bit error. If most of the work is small dishes up ladders, the NIT is usefully light. :)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Hey Longridge,whats happening?Anything new?
I can now get all 2D channels,including the verticals!
Its true man.

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
zorba said:
Its true man.

Maybe they (SKY) have changed something? My friend at his bar in Ayia Napa also now getting them on his original 3M dish.
Geoff

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
zorba said:
Its true man.

Can you tell us which transponders you are receiving?
I did a serch on my Panasonic DSB20 but couldnt get a signal from any of the 2D vertical transponders.
I also searched with my Nokia 9600S for vertical transponders but same result.

geoffreys said:
Maybe they (SKY) have changed something? My friend at his bar in Ayia Napa also now getting them on his original 3M dish.

Can you please fınd out which transponders are received.

iceman

longridge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
iceman said:
Can you tell us which transponders you are receiving?
I did a serch on my Panasonic DSB20 but couldnt get a signal from any of the 2D vertical transponders.
I also searched with my Nokia 9600S for vertical transponders but same result.

Can you please fınd out which transponders are received.

iceman

Hey ZORBA,
whats happening?
How is the weather in England? :):)

Have a nice holiday!

Best regards
longridge

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
longridge said:
Hey ZORBA,
whats happening?
How is the weather in England? :):)

re Zorba....are you taking the piss? O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha
You've alarmed everyone on the island :D :D

iceman

geoffreys

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
iceman said:

iceman

Well no pi** taking here. The Ayia Napa bar received 2D vertical OK as I reported, BUT not anymore, only for about an 8 hour period. I think they might have been re-positioning 2D (within the designed area for all the Astra birds) and we in Cyprus temporarily got an enhanced side-lobe or whatever. No need for anyone in Cyprus to get alarmed (except maybe the satellite dish suppliers who would have seen their rip-off revenues for large dishes fall if all had reverted to as it was), quite the opposite.
I am sure we would all appreciate any other reports of what took place, or is still taking place?? (maybe the west end of the island getting different signal now?)
Geoff
Vrysoulles

frassle

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cyprus
geoffreys said:
Well no pi** taking here. The Ayia Napa bar received 2D vertical OK as I reported, BUT not anymore, only for about an 8 hour period. I think they might have been re-positioning 2D (within the designed area for all the Astra birds) and we in Cyprus temporarily got an enhanced side-lobe or whatever. No need for anyone in Cyprus to get alarmed (except maybe the satellite dish suppliers who would have seen their rip-off revenues for large dishes fall if all had reverted to as it was), quite the opposite.
I am sure we would all appreciate any other reports of what took place, or is still taking place?? (maybe the west end of the island getting different signal now?)
Geoff
Vrysoulles

No change in the west and no sign of 2D vertical

mayflower

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
corfu
longridge said:
Since i am involved in the conversations here i will wright also!!:)
Yes it is true that i changed a few lnbs on big prime focus dishes and had a very good result with the quad invacom lnbs with a special adjustable feed(The adjustable feed makes the difference on balancing all the transponders)
2.7m dishes along the Limmasol beach work fine.Going up towards Pareklissia and Ayios Tyxonas FORGET IT!
From Pissouri towards Paphos 2.7m work fantastic(In Paphos you dont even need the Quad lnb.The single is fine!
I have also put a couple of those lnbs on 2.4m dishes with extensions and were ok but that also depends how the flaps have been put! That becomes 3m and not 3.2m
My friend ICEMAN hasnt got a problem since he has a 4.2m dish:)
Any questions i will be happy to help!
Best regards
longridge

I had a quote from a supplier in cyprus for a 3m dish for 900 cy pounds (cant remember who will have to look it up) do u know anyone who might do 2.40/2.70 at a more reasonable price? thanks

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
iceman said:

iceman

Oh sorry,did I forget to mention I am in London??? :-beer
I wanted to find out whats been happening in Eastenders :p
Have the FTV cards gone off in Cyprus yet?Im on holiday and dont know whats happening over there,I might not go back if we lose ch4 and 5.
and I'm enjoying the rain.
Ps those new channels scuzz,flaunt etc are crap anyway,and ITV2 is repeats,so cancel the 5.0m dish. :-righton

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Also i would recommend you choose the dish with the lowest F/D ratio, i love dishes with ratios of 0.30 and lower, that makes low-noise LNB work much better and you get much better C/N with a deep dish than a dish with a F/D of say 0.40.

I know DH have dishes with 0.30 and lower......

Problem is that you need a good feedhorn, not many makes good feedhorns for these dishes.

I recommend Seavey Engineering, they makes no doubt the best feeds for deep dishes.

I experimented about 10 years ago when i worked with dishes, the difference i got.

I had a 3.0 meter dish with F/D of 0.28 and a 3.0 meter with 0.38

First i tried a Chaparall Feed with the adjustable feedrings, it was a disaster on the deep dish, however it was marginally better than a standard feed.

When i got the Seavey feed for the deep dish, it was alot better C/N than with the other dish.

The result is that a low-noise LNB around 0.5dB works much better with a real deep dish with f/d of 0.30 and lower.

O

Old Fred

mayflower said:
I had a quote from a supplier in cyprus for a 3m dish for 900 cy pounds (cant remember who will have to look it up) do u know anyone who might do 2.40/2.70 at a more reasonable price? thanks
I just heard that dish prices in Cyprus are likely to go UP because they are in such short supply - especially the good quality ones. 900CYP seems too cheap, compared with the prices my friend was quoted!

Fred

longridge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As LIKVID said dishes with low f/d ratio are better.
He is right.
I have installed 2.7m dishes in Limassol (in some cases only minor flickering between 20.30 untill 21.45 and 03.00 untill 08.15) and in Paphos working 24 hours non stop.
The dishes are DH with specially made feeds(adjustable)
Nicosia and Larnaca need at least 3.4m

longridge

longridge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
To OLD FRED

What kind of a dish are you talking about?
Buying a dish from a manufacturer and shipping it over is more than 900 pounds

longridge

O

Old Fred

longridge said:
To OLD FRED

What kind of a dish are you talking about?

Big satellite dishes in Cyprus of course. Isn't that what we're discussing? Or did I fall asleep again? :rolleyes:

Buying a dish from a manufacturer and shipping it over is more than 900 pounds
Which is why I said it seemed too cheap. Glad you agree with me! :)

Fred
{o0 Zzzzzzzz

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I'll have a 3m dish for 900cy ! its not an MFI flatpack which you put together by yourself with no instructions,is it?? O-Ha
Who is selling it then?

longridge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zorba said:
I'll have a 3m dish for 900cy ! its not an MFI flatpack which you put together by yourself with no instructions,is it?? O-Ha
Who is selling it then?

Of course there is instructions!
In CHINEESE!!:)