2D in Spain

sevans59

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone in the Madrid area upgraded their dish since the BBC switch? I'm hoping to get away with a 150cm dish and wonder if anyone has tried. I'm using a Panasonic TD20. Any reports from other parts of Spain might be helpful too.

Cheers,

Steve

HumaxUser

Reaction score
sevans59 said:
Hi,

Anyone in the Madrid area upgraded their dish since the BBC switch? I'm hoping to get away with a 150cm dish and wonder if anyone has tried. I'm using a Panasonic TD20. Any reports from other parts of Spain might be helpful too.

Cheers,

Steve

I dont know if this is much help to you but here goes:-

I went to Spain(Malaga Region) last week and helped a friend install his Mothers sat dish, he used a 1.2mtr dish and had all channels working 100%, he had and I watched, ITV,BBC1,BBC2,Chan4,Chan5 etc..no drop out at night and working 24/7.
We then went to my villa in the Valencia area and couldnt get a snif of 2D, we tested reception and found out a 2.4 dish would be required to get all channels on 2D without loss at night and without loss when its raining.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Snr_Paul

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No problem up in Barcelona...

I'm getting all Beeb stations, ITV , Ch4,5 etc on an old Via minidish..

Only drops out in storms.....

cheers

sayireand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Madrid
Kitty's in c/Alcala and The Irish Rover on the Av.de Brazil have a 1.8 installed and seem to have all the BBC's all day. The had the Chelsea Champions League game from BBC2 last week.

S

SHERIDANMIC

I deliberately stayed in The North of Almeria near a town called Vera 98Km North of Almeria(the City) until June 15th 2003 after the Transmitter changes took place to see if I could continue with my setup of 98cm Dish 0.3LNB and Panasonic receiver which prior to the changes had been able to receive ITV and Hallmark ( my Benchmark Channels for fringe reception at that time). The previous year without the 0.3dB Lnb and with a pace receiver this was not possible here but was possible at Malaga.
After the changes I was able to receive BBC at 2 periods of the day Morning after sunrise and after 7pm at night until about 2am I think( I usually fell asleep). The red button subchannels were very difficult to collect and the weather reports not at all.
After Jun 15 I moved to Vineros were I had NO problems in pulling everything in . The same as last year
In Sept/Oct when I return To the same Location the new 110cm dish (£65+ del £10) along with the 0.3db LNB+ Panasonic receiver, I am certain, will deliver the goods.
From the new freqencies that ITV is on I presume that those People who have lost BBC will now be able to watch Coronation St. (Sic)
(PS There is a lot of nonsence talked about North and South Beams because camper seem to think that all the channels come along on the carrier freq that they put into their system. They don't realize they are just giving the system a freq of a signal that it can use tio start loading the whole range of other freq to obtain everything at that point in the SKY or should I say Geostationary Point (All thanks to Arthur C Clarke)