2old4these

Status
Not open for further replies.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I don't want any confusion to arise about identities, hence this post.

Seems that recently (as of about a month ago?) there is someone else on the sat scene using the name "2old4this".
That person has registered at Satdudez, at the old "Phill's" forum, and possibly others I have been unable to determine.

The fact that this situation has arisen is not in itself unexpected. There's nothing to stop anyone using whatever name they want on a board, if they are the first to register with it.
What worries me in this case is that my perfectly reasonable request to that person to use a different name and to let me know where else s/he is active (so I can go there and clear up any confusion) is being met with rudeness and bloody-mindedness.

See: http://www.xsorbit.com/users2/phillsforum/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1015281957&start=0

Those of us with more than a little experience on the scene will know how important it is to have clear identities. I have already received mail from people who think the other person's posts were mine...

So please be aware of this situation. Do not automatically conclude that posts under the name 2old4this are mine.

If anyone else has seen this other 2old4this on other boards, please let me and that person know.

Thanks
2old4this (the original)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Difficult to tell if this is the original 2old starting the thread !

The name unfortunatley is not limited to just satellite forums (were you once a night club dancer ?)

Pic programmer forums, some dodgy moderator on a Dutch satellite receiver supplier, even a motorcycle repair forum, the name gets everywhere

You could always change your title to Much2old4this or thereal2old or something similar, but then it wouldnt be the same. Remember Budwar beer before it got coined by the Americans, they then called it the 'genuine' article. Makes one sick.

ckrys1

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
I can tell it`s you, 2old, by your flowing and stylish use of English - not impossible to copy, but difficult.

Ckrys1

ugania

Reaction score
My Location
pj::Bulaggna
Sorry,but I find this situation very funny (maybe becouse it's not happening to me)it recalls me the "REAL Milly Vanilly" case. Or when I bought my first TV color from a neighbor working in the radio and tv field .I bought a Nordmende TV set ,but after a few days of use I discovered That the logo ,the instruction,everityng was faked ,the tv was a hoax,and when i sent it back he showed surprize: AH! But You had to ask for a Nordmende TV the Original..So how can we be shure who is who...You could answer a series of difficult questions..that only a person with a superior knowledge like the original 2old could answer....Bye

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 09-Mar-02 AT 06:23 PM (GMT)]I don't believe that there is any issue about who is who on this forum nor Satnerds, as these are forums where the real 2old has been registered for a long time. A big difference between the two 2olds is satellite hobby knowledge, the real one has a wealth of it, the other however, is a novice. No problem with being a novice of course, we all start as such.

Rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Sadly, it seems the other 2old4this is up to his tricks again.
He's registered at the Kink's new forum (Eurosatellite) under my nickname.

I've registered there myself now in order to avoid confusion, under the name 2old4this-first.
I've PMed 2old4this again (politely) asking him to re-register (after all, I have no proof it's the same person) and PMed Kink asking for his help.

In the meantime, please don't confuse me with whoever it is posting under the name 2old4this at Eurosatellite (and god knows where else).

2old

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
2old4this, anyone who has been following your posts on this forum can't possibly get you mixed up!!

Tirosh.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Methinks I can have some fun in flushing the imposter out then

Prepare for battle

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
He's been doing it for Nigh on a year now, so whether he's likely to be influenced is debatable, I tried, 2old tried and I believe even a couple of others tried, but he seems resolute in using the name.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Come on GRASSHOPPER (OWN UP)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Its not me. I already have a pseudonym on that site

You just come back from the pub BC ? Hows the dragon ?

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Just going to her lair. Shes mlffed because ive been discussing buisness till 8,At least i can watch Tv in peace now.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
problem at Eurosatellite is solved.
Kink has renamed the imposter to "2old4this shit".
My account there is now under the name 2old4this instead of 2old4this-first.
Kink's a good man.
2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Glad to hear it 2old, justice has been seen to be done.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I noticed the change of names last night in the members list

Strange that both 2Olds are zero posters though

Kink is a good man as he has less to say but works hard behind the scenes to get things going, he has a lot of respect from many people

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, Zero posters, the bane of all forums ;)

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Jeez, CH, give us a chance. I only registered there yesterday afternoon and deliberately hadn't posted pending the resolution of this problem.
Anyway, I didn't post here for months either, and you all got along just fine without me :D
2old

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I wasnt directing the comment at you (the real 2old that is)

Seems that registering of the name was more important to the imposter than posting anything of use (and posting anything at all !)

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Can you detect the ip address from your website of the person logging in? then you would know if it was the real 2old4this. On this site atleast. Then again if its a 56k modem then its not a fixed ip is it, it changes every time you log in to the net but i believe a cable connection has a static ip address which remains the same so if the person was banned from the forum they would never get back in unless allowed by the moderator?

just a though
hi 2old4this, rolfw, everyone

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Never a problem determining whether a post is by the real 2old, if its on this forum he needs the password. On other forums he needs the formula,
Knowledge + Literacy x Wit = Good Posts ...... The other guy hasn't got it in any of the departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.