3+ Danmark, TV3 Danmark switched off D2MAC

koko_varna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,5 sat antena
My Location
Varna, Bulgaria
They cesed transmission today. Now only DR2 is in D2MAC. Probably they will switch off today or tomorrow.

d2macdomz

all dead, just not fallen
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza ST 100
Pace MSS 1000
Orbital 80cm Dish
BT SVS 200
28" Toshiba Wide CRT TV
Tiscali Broadband 2mb
HP Pavillion PC 256mb
Celeron d 2.53Ghz
My Location
Glasgow
the days of d2mac are coming to an end, i'll need to try and get a viasat sub now :rolleyes:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
d2macdomz said:
the days of d2mac are coming to an end, i'll need to try and get a viasat sub now :rolleyes:

Certainly is - DR2 (the last service) is due to end at the beginning of July

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
When you actually look at a D2 mac transmission recorded on video, with the greatest respect, it's very poor quality and the picture is snowy. I know some members cannot just rush out and buy new systems, but digital is now and the future. I am sure if you could afford a basic new digital system, you'd be happy to see the end of D2 mac...

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
they are gone for good now,and it could be said that a semi-reliable pirate television service went to with it. some excellent uncensored programming also.the quality was a form of early digital and given the right equipment was certainly better then existing formats',current digital formats are far from perfect too in many respects.i still watch analogue tv through an aerial free from the puzzle blocks that appear with the "digital future".
also in the past you bought a decoder a card and that was it,today its expensive cams',cards,everyone complaining about support for add ons that can and has disappeared overnight in some cases.
a lot of second hand motorised systems have appeared for sale in recent years since the demise of the scandinavian film services'and many would argue the best years of the motorised dish viewing went with them.
anyone still got there old satpack decoder?.

The Fatty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Nokia 9600S (DVB2000)
Skystar 2
My Location
Devon
i still got my maccab d/d2mac and my old sky decoder lol. i remember when all you had to do was cut a diode in the sky decoder and all the channels opened, they fixed that one quite early on the lol.

can you guys remember when sky was free?!

The Fatty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Nokia 9600S (DVB2000)
Skystar 2
My Location
Devon
thats rubbish m8, d2mac was very good quality if you had the right equipment. the cheap ones were poor, but neat the end of 98/99 some really good decoders were availble at lower prices. if i honestly compare my d2mac to a NORMAL digital signal (not HD) id say the d2mac was better. why? you didnt get crappy blocks on fast action parts, and when the signal dropped you still got a signal, with digital its all or nothing - most annoying!

of course HD Digital is the new big boy on the block, and really does kick every other sat system twice in the arse lol shame the boxes are so costly...skystar2's do the job tho ;)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
You can still get those channels on sirius, 5 degrees east in digital, if I recall from memory.

koko_varna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,5 sat antena
My Location
Varna, Bulgaria
No, there are no more D2MAC channels since 01.07.2006

leighpreece

Vintage Sat enthusiast!
Reaction score
Website
www.m5gwh.net
My Satellite Setup
90cm Dish. Dual Lemon LNB for 13E/19E. Twin Output Lemon LNB for 28.8E.
Samsung 9500 with 'alternative' firmware.
Couple of DigiBoxes. Amateur Radio station. Going Bald with a patient wife!
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK.
The Fatty said:
can you guys remember when sky was free?!

Yes....and it also came from Hilversum, Holland.

"Sky Channel - reaching out to you!". :p

Leigh....

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The Fatty said:
thats rubbish m8, d2mac was very good quality if you had the right equipment. the cheap ones were poor, but neat the end of 98/99 some really good decoders were availble at lower prices. if i honestly compare my d2mac to a NORMAL digital signal (not HD) id say the d2mac was better. why? you didnt get crappy blocks on fast action parts, and when the signal dropped you still got a signal, with digital its all or nothing - most annoying!

of course HD Digital is the new big boy on the block, and really does kick every other sat system twice in the arse lol shame the boxes are so costly...skystar2's do the job tho ;)

this is true,digital was rushed into with mpeg2 which now seems to be a halfway standard to "hd",well remember a weak d2mac signal and the buzzing and crackle but when it was good it was good,far fewer channels then digital but the programs were better and none of this pin access.

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
finally i see some action in this section , been 5 months since i found a new reply here ! :D

still agree Analogue days were fun

think some few channels still in D2Mac or sys. like C+France