35hrs

T

telly2

Have been waiting 35hrs so far after getting my ftv card activated and still no
itv , 4 and 5 . Will i have to ring again or just wait longer.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Mine took about an hour yesterday, i presume that the card is being read and the number shows in the system information screen?

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well they say 24hrs, so i would guess that another phonecall may be in order.

Mind you, I can remember when I got a card for my sister in France, I left strict instructions with brother in law to leave the receiver on and not in standby. 2 days later I phoned them for a chat and as a matter of interest asked if the card was OK. Nothing's come through yet she said, "I keep switching it on to check, but they can't have sent the signal" :-bash

So I made the call again and it activated almost immediately, amazing what having the receiver switched on does for an activation. :rolleyes:

Leee

Leee

My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
did you order a new card from them or did you order the activation of an existing card? I got a new card for my box and had to call them with all of the details from the Services - System Details screen

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
New card Leee, had to phone them.

T

telly2

tried ringing them today to activate the card again , guy started giving me a hard time asking lots of questions and woud not activate the card again. So i rang back later and the girl i got this time did it for me no problem. I have not rung germany yet to find out if it has worked but made sure box was on before ringing.

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, some are more zealous than others, don't know why though, costs them nothing.

T

telly2

Have tried 2 times to activate card and still no luck, have asked him in germany if the network ID and transport stream are showing the correct details as i wonder if the activting signal is reaching him, if not its another phone call.