3nity.de - avoid ordering from them

C

ctomer

I placed an order for a Stab 90 HH back in mid-October on the above site. They are based in Germany but I stood to make a 30% saving by ordering it from them instead of buying it in the UK.

I received the motor after 7 days, and installed it another 7 days later. Everything seemed to be working fine after installation, and I was very pleased with things. 4 days later the motor failed, it would no longer respond to commands. I took it to a local satellite dealer and they confirmed that the motor was indeed dead. I then contacted 3nity.de for returns advice, and they asked me to send it back to them, which I was I did (cost me bloody 24ukp).

Since sending it back to them I've emailed them several times to enquire as to what they were going to do. Initially, they didn't reply to my emails, and I only received a reply after demanding that they reply within 24hrs. They said that they've sent it back to the manufacturer for a warranty repair. This was back in early December.

I emailed them again 2 days ago, stating that I want my money back. As of yet, I've had no reply.

From my experience, I'd advise people to be extremely careful when considering ordering something from abroad, especially if it's a heavy item that would incur high return postage costs.

As for 3nity.de, my advice is to not order from them, their customer service is absolutely terrible and I'm 100ukp out of pocket and nothing to show for it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is always going to be a problem with heavy items, particularly if they are not high value. I weighed up the advantages and disadvantages when buying my Dreambox and decided that the £100 saving would easily cover the return carriage on three breakdowns. Where the potential return carriage price equals the saving, then you have to really consider whether it is worth the risk.

Why not E-mail them the link to this thread and see if they are prepared to respond.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
That's a great idea. Power to the people!

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Power to the people!
65,000 people :) thats the amount of members this forum had last count i think

i wouldnt be put off buying abroad, just dont buy off 3nity.deanymore....

a quick message to 3nity....
Bitte Sorte aus dem Problem mit dies besetzt Motor (Stechen 90 HH)., wenn Sie dont dann Sie sechzig fünf tausend weniger potenziellen cunstomers haben werden. Fügen Sie zu das, die Tatsache hinzu, die am meisten von diesen Mitgliedern andere Foren und Websites auch benutzt. ... einige, von dem deutsch ist!! Sie könnten beenden auf mit einem sehr schlechten Namen. Wort reist schnell, wenn Kunden nicht glücklich sind

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
RedDevil_UK said:
65,000 people :) thats the amount of members this forum had last count i think

i wouldnt be put off buying abroad, just dont buy off 3nity.deanymore....

a quick message to 3nity....
Bitte Sorte aus dem Problem mit dies besetzt Motor (Stechen 90 HH)., wenn Sie dont dann Sie sechzig fünf tausend weniger potenziellen cunstomers haben werden. Fügen Sie zu das, die Tatsache hinzu, die am meisten von diesen Mitgliedern andere Foren und Websites auch benutzt. ... einige, von dem deutsch ist!! Sie könnten beenden auf mit einem sehr schlechten Namen. Wort reist schnell, wenn Kunden nicht glücklich sind
Ahhhhggggg. . . . .
If I were a German firm, I'd get that motor or a refund to him p d q.
If you can torture the language that bad, nur Gott im Himmel weisst wass du mit Menschen schaffen koenntest!!