4 LNB's in 1 dish... reliable?

PeterNorth

Reaction score
Hi ppl, greatings from Algarve!

I was browsing ebay and I found some two models of 4 lnb's brackets (I attach pics of those), and I'm wondering if someone have experience with this kind of setup.

Actually I have a standard 90x100cm offset dish, with astra 19E and hotbird 13E, and my idea is to upgrade to reception to at least astra 28E (and Sirius 5E or eutelsat 7E as a "bonus").

I would like to know if this kind of "device" attachs to a regular no brand antenna, or do I need any branded like a triax? If yes, how about the reception, is it reliable? I don't mind losing some signal in the edges satellites, but I want to continue having the better signal possible on 13E and 19E. And how about pointing the dish? Should I focus the "center" lnb for astra 19E?

I found also a 3 LNB's bracket, which pic I also attach. Which one of the 3 models I attach you suggest me?

Thanks for reading and any help in advance

PS: Sorry my english

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Triax do their own dedicated 4 LNB holder, but it appears to come as a kit with LNBs and DiseqC switch, not sure whether the ones you show are universal mounting. You may struggle with Sirius, as you are probably not in the central focus of the footprint.

PS. Until I reached the end of your post, I assumed that you were a UK expatriate, can't fault your English. :)

PeterNorth

Reaction score
Hi Rolfw, thanks for your fast answer :)

I have also my doubts about the compatibility of this holder’s, I’ve tried to email the eBay sellers, but I’m not sure any reliable could be any answer I could get from them.

I’m also thinking another way to upgrade my system, via a SG2100 (with it I could receive signals between 18W and 45E) and an Invacom 0.3db, since they’re also relatively accessible but my offset 90x100 won’t be over weighed? In you opinion, do I need to change it for an aluminium antenna? By what I heard, I think the SG2100 is reliable and compatible with my DM7000s and probably I should get better reception with the motor in spite of the holder. I have only one doubt also about a motorized system, I’m not a satellite expert, but by what I see, each satellite has it best lnb orientation. While using a motor, is this loses of signal very visible, how can I minimize this? :confused

Sorry about the newbie questions :)

Best regards

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I run an 80cm dish with a pretty standard LNb on my SG-2100, see the members' system photos for details. The dish and LNB tilt to account for the change in the horizon as it follows the arc.