45w To 28.2E???

stevienire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000D + Moteck SG2100a + 85CM Dish
My Location
Northern Ireland
I can only pick up satellites from 28e to 45w. I could probably get further west but haven't tried. I can't pick up anything past 28e. Anyone any ideas?? It seems to track the arc perfectly on the west but the starts dipping on the east. (See Pic Where It Dips)

Also after I do a powerscan and it starts scanning for channels the box freezes on 2 satellites, Thor and Amos. Thor sticks at 30% and Amos sticks at 50%.

http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sat20arc4hh.jpghttp://imageshack.us

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Your South orientation is probably not right then.

stevienire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Ireland
I set the dish up for 5w, Maybe I should of set it up at Thor. I'm in NW.Ireland

Orthoclipse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
For NW Ireland (eg Derry) Atlantic Bird 2 8W would be closer to true south than 5W.

stevienire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Ireland
Orthoclipse said:
For NW Ireland (eg Derry) Atlantic Bird 2 8W would be closer to true south than 5W.

Oh right. Is there anything worth watching past 28e?? I don't want to tempt fate by trying to adjust everything. I'm happy enough with Astra,Hotbird and Hispasat. Although Turksat 1c looks interesting but then again a patched TM may not even open any of the channels on that sat.

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
stevienire said:
Oh right. Is there anything worth watching past 28e?? I don't want to tempt fate by trying to adjust everything. I'm happy enough with Astra,Hotbird and Hispasat. Although Turksat 1c looks interesting but then again a patched TM may not even open any of the channels on that sat.
Stevie I live just outside Belfast and I used 1w Thor as my true south. Now I had my motor up and running in around 30 mins, working great first time and I'm a woman, (done it all by myself, LOL) Anyway I would leave it where it is, if you are able to get Astra 1 and 2, Hotbird and Hispasat, then I wouldn't bother adjusting it. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing worth watching on those other satellites. I can get from 45 E to 45 W but my dish is usually on Hispasat as I love TV Cabo, sometimes I would go to Hotbird and Astra 1 and 2, but that's it. I'm never happy with what I've got and usually try to get more, but usually it all goes pear shaped. If you are happy enough and it's working fine, then just leave it, just as long as it is secure and won't blow into the neighbour's greenhouse.

SeanCorky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
ISS 1M Offset Dish
Moteck SG2100A Motor
My Location
Merseyside
Only real thing your missing out on is TV8 on 42e

That shows footy FTA (BISS)

J

Jeff_19341

Hi stevienire

I did mention to you, some time ago, that if you were further west in the emerald isle it would be best to set up on 8*west for your due south satellite
12747H, 2894.

JuMbuCk

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland