4th Generation Open Platform Card 85A (256)

confuseduser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky and SKY+
My Location
Wales
Please can anyone help me I purchsed some 4th Generation Open Platform Cards 85A (256) with the promise that they would allow me to watch all SKY programs for free. When they arrived I tried them out and they did not work, I contacted the vendor who told me I also need to by a bit of kit that goes into the scart lead at the back in order for them to work in the UK as the cards only work in Europe.

I sent for these gadgets but as of yet have not received them after waiting a while I am starting to think that I have been ripped off, can these cards be used for anything else or is there anywhere else I can by these so called gadgets.

Regards

Confused User

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes you haver been ripped off. Sky encryption has not been hacked *

You want Sky = you pay for it.

Selling stuff then pointing out you need additional bits of kit to make it work is an old scam. Write off the "investment" and learn your lesson from it - dont send this scammer any more money, as there will be something along the lines of "oh you need a left threaded whatsit as well. That will be 80 quid please".

(*) Or if it has those in the know are keeping it VERY quiet. Theres lots of rumours, but never any proof forthcoming.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This sounds like the stealthcard scam, didn't know that it was still going.

What is the website address?

We could do with more information, it may not now help you, but it may prevent others from losing money.