5620 Card reader

rogue_element

Hi There

What can be done with the db5620's built in card reader, can it emulate if I wanted to put in an offical S*y card. I know it cant be done at the mo due to it being nds but if the s/w was out would it work with the 5620 or just on the 7000s with its built in dragon & matrix cams.

Thanks in advance

R_E

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It won't do S*Y without an N*S cam, which does not exist! (?) !

The 7000 has no built-in CAMS. It's just like the 5620 in that respect. All S/W.

You may be able to get a plugin to get the CR slot to work, like on the 7000, but I don't know anyone who has either had the need or the patience to get it working.

STICK

rogue_element

Thanks for the reply

I was told on a forum cant think what one that issue 1 s*y cards worked on a dreambox but not issue 2 using an emu only thing all talk was about the 7000s I would like to know if it does ever come out again should it work with the 5620 card reader

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm not sure, but AFAIK there is little or no difference in the operation of the 5620 or the 7000 WRT controlling the card reader slots. I think that you need a plugin to get anything out of them. Never seen the plugin(s), but you could try searching all the forums if you have a specific need to do this.

I think you'll find that there is no use whatsoever for the issue one S*Y cards.

Good luck, and please let us know if you come up with anything.

STICK

rogue_element

Will do m8 all I can find is alot of "he said she said a mate of a mate of a mates brothers dog has seen one working" or nudge nudge wink wink you know how its done,so it could be a load of ({})

Thanks again for the info

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm sure that there is a plugin for the 7000, I've just never seen/used it. Not many people would have a need for it, so it's of limited appeal. I can't imagine that the 5620 is any/much different.