5620 or 7000s for w1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue_element

Reaction score
Hi there

I am looking to get a db 5620 to pick up kiosk on 1w I have read the forums and now my head hurts. Over time I will add 13e 16e and 19e Can some1 help me with some questions

1 Softcams - do they work on there own or do I have to have an actual cam in the ci slot

2 Were can I get softcams/k*ys from and whats the best softcam to use

3 What would be the best dreambox to get the above birds the 5620 or the 7000s

Thanks in advance

Regards
R_E

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hi, forgive my abruptness, but time is money!

1) No hardware required
2) Find a place called toecuttersden. Pick any s*ftcam that works. I like NewcamD, but anyone that works must be a good choice!
3) Both boxes will get the same stuff. Decide based on other criteria (features, functions etc).

STICKO

rogue_element

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, looks like its time to break out the visa card and get a 5620 one last question (until I try and set the thing up)
I have got an RJ45 to RJ45 crossover cable but do I have to have an RS232 cable as well and is it an RS232 to RS232 I need

Thanks again and sorry to be a pain just trying to get my head around as much as poss before I part with my cash, It does look like the best box of tricks ever.

Regards
R_E

orc

Reaction score
a null modem (rs232 to rs232) is a must.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
rogue_element said:
Thanks for the quick reply, looks like its time to break out the visa card and get a 5620 one last question (until I try and set the thing up)
I have got an RJ45 to RJ45 crossover cable but do I have to have an RS232 cable as well and is it an RS232 to RS232 I need

Thanks again and sorry to be a pain just trying to get my head around as much as poss before I part with my cash, It does look like the best box of tricks ever.

Regards
R_E
I don't have a null modem cable, but it's a good idea if you have a 5620, as it's more prone to flash errors, as you cannot flash off the hard disk.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
BGonaSTICK said:
I don't have a null modem cable, but it's a good idea if you have a 5620, as it's more prone to flash errors, as you cannot flash off the hard disk.

Whooa my educated friend! Prone to flash errors? I have flashed all the Hydras, all the Terminators, all the I have a dreambox's, a few SF , one 7000 and once the original and never had a flash error. The only time I needed to null modem was my own fault...

But for some images such as Terminators you will need it...and for peace of mind :D

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
T_G said:
The only time I needed to null modem was my own fault...

When you say it was your own fault - what did you do?

We can hopefully all avoid doing the same.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
gameboy said:
When you say it was your own fault - what did you do?

We can hopefully all avoid doing the same.

trying to put a 7000 Image onto the 5620 ... :p

rogue_element

Reaction score
Well I did it db 5620 is on its way (gulp!!) I had another idea can you use the db as a card programer for gold-tit-fun cards etc my mate wants to get some "other programing" aka po*n and wants me to do the cards.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T_G said:
Whooa my educated friend! Prone to flash errors? I have flashed all the Hydras, all the Terminators, all the I have a dreambox's, a few SF , one 7000 and once the original and never had a flash error. The only time I needed to null modem was my own fault...

But for some images such as Terminators you will need it...and for peace of mind :D
LOL... all I meant was that logically there is more room for stuff to go wrong, as it's dependant on a network link as well as the internal linkage. :)
I didn't say it was prone, I said it was more prone, (but only a bit...;) )

Also (especially if you're using a dull modem cable) the flash will take longer, and there is obviously more chance of the dreaded power-cut.... :eek:

rogue_element

Reaction score
Well that was easy!!!

The db came with hydra olympia preloaded and newcamd aswell and it took about 15-20 mins to network, updated k*ys from db all chanels on w1 working
now just to add e19 and try to record to the pc.

Only down side I got a 10m cat5 leed and its not long enough

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rogue_element said:
Well that was easy!!!

The db came with hydra olympia preloaded and newcamd aswell and it took about 15-20 mins to network, updated k*ys from db all chanels on w1 working
now just to add e19 and try to record to the pc.

Only down side I got a 10m cat5 leed and its not long enough

Ahhh yes we all want a longer one .....

setarehp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
digiquset 7000s
My Location
london
BGonaSTICK said:

hi
i have digiquset 7000s and i am looking for program or software for install to my computer till i can see inside my reciver or unlock some program and update as well at the moment i used rs232 null cable but i think that want a program for see in my computer best regard to my help moss

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
setarehp said:
hi
i have digiquset 7000s and i am looking for program or software for install to my computer till i can see inside my reciver or unlock some program and update as well at the moment i used rs232 null cable but i think that want a program for see in my computer best regard to my help moss

Hi
First of all, welcome to the forum! :)
BUT:
This is an (almost) 2 year old thread that deals with Dreamboxes. So if you want an answer about your digiquest please post it in the right section. Also, please use some dots and comas if you want anyone to answer you.

Status
Not open for further replies.