5620s i have a dream box ,, gemini

welsh clarky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 5620s, 28e 19e 13e,
My Location
wales gwent
ive just had my 5620s .turned it on then it flashes up 5600 boot then powers up and say gemini i have a dream box .ive fitted dragon cam 3.04. and x cam .and 2 cards x tv and spice.i now have many channels .my question is has my dream box already been set up for me with gemini loaded .but i have no pay channels without the cams.im waiting for my null cable to come back but shall i load up new set up when cable arrives.also the embedded cam not working .ive no manual with it .it came with remote and box thats it .but im still chuffed with it .when i get to work it all out its going to be the best box ive had.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
welsh clarky said:
say gemini i have a dream box .ive fitted dragon cam 3.04. and x cam .and 2 cards x tv and spice.i now have many channels .my question is has my dream box already been set up for me with gemini loaded .but i have no pay channels without the cams.

The gemini image has built in update functions for what you require.
You have to have the DreamBox connected to the Internet to make all this extra functionality to work.
If you download any CAMs make sure it's Newcamd (you may not have room in your /var folder for any more) Newcamd have everything available (with the K*ys) at present.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
welsh clarky said:
ive just had my 5620s .turned it on then it flashes up 5600 boot then powers up and say gemini i have a dream box .ive fitted dragon cam 3.04. and x cam .and 2 cards x tv and spice.i now have many channels .my question is has my dream box already been set up for me with gemini loaded .but i have no pay channels without the cams.im waiting for my null cable to come back but shall i load up new set up when cable arrives.also the embedded cam not working .ive no manual with it .it came with remote and box thats it .but im still chuffed with it .when i get to work it all out its going to be the best box ive had.

You can download an english manual off the dreambox site.
www.dream-multimedia-tv.de
And into download center. Make sure it the 5620 one.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Welcome to the Dreamboxworld, Clarky
I am currently using a 5620 with Gemini, and newcamd works just fine.
I am not sure what cam you have on, but once connected to the internet use the blue button, addon settings, delete, and delete anything that is on there. Reboot and using the same blue button addon settings load up newcamd and then the keys.
After that you should see everything! I find the Gemini pretty useful, works well with a motor as well.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
T_G said:
Welcome to the Dreamboxworld, Clarky
I am currently using a 5620 with Gemini, and newcamd works just fine.
I am not sure what cam you have on, but once connected to the internet use the blue button, addon settings, delete, and delete anything that is on there. Reboot and using the same blue button addon settings load up newcamd and then the keys.
After that you should see everything! I find the Gemini pretty useful, works well with a motor as well.

What ke*s are you using T_G with your Gemini Image. Is it newcamd Ke*s or Marys.

welsh clarky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 5620s, 28e 19e 13e,
My Location
wales gwent
dream 5620s gemini ...questions ..im still waiting for my null cable to dream up ..Q1..got message 5600boot then it starts gemini project. im still using my box its working with the cams with dragon and x cam ..installed..IS THIS OK TO USE. Q2..the embedded receiver cam slot in the box dosent seem to work at all will this only work after ive dream up the 5620. Q3.yes now the dull question which way has the card to be fitted the gold chip face down or up in the embedded slot. Q4 does the slot work with funcard 6 ok....thanks this is all new to me only just upgraded from an embedded viaccess only receiver .. a bit of a big step................. thanks.........

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
welsh clarky said:
dream 5620s gemini ...questions ..im still waiting for my null cable to dream up ..Q1..got message 5600boot then it starts gemini project. im still using my box its working with the cams with dragon and x cam ..installed..IS THIS OK TO USE. Q2..the embedded receiver cam slot in the box dosent seem to work at all will this only work after ive dream up the 5620. Q3.yes now the dull question which way has the card to be fitted the gold chip face down or up in the embedded slot. Q4 does the slot work with funcard 6 ok....thanks this is all new to me only just upgraded from an embedded viaccess only receiver .. a bit of a big step................. thanks.........

Answers
1. yes it ok to use them. Dont mind the boot message as this is usual.
2. You need to press blue button. Highlight the CI press green button. you should see a box saying now starting CI.
3. Chip down.
4. I dont have a fun 6 card but it should work.

Think you might need newcamd spiderstart which you can download off the dreambox menu. You will see it in the cam menu on download.
Go through all the menu on the dreambox and get to know where things are.