56E (Direct TV 1R)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Thanks Pride! Will be good to see. Don't forget it's circular polarisation so you might need to play with a polariser plate in the Ku band LNB.

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish Tv Zenega STBs | 1 DM 800 HD Clone | 180 cm TX Rx Fibre offset Dish Antenna |
My Location
india
friends I am not stealing the thread,just placing a query. Kindly help. Here in India I am getting 12303 H 12000 from Bonum 56 E about 65-70 % signal. But a strange thing happens that even the finest tuned dish will slowly start losing signal in about 1 hour after tuning, and will drop to zero soon for next 24 hours. Again tomorrow at the same time when dish was tuned yesterday the same signal will start coming from weak and grow strong and cycle continues. Please give some valuable comments. What I got in best scan is this.

2edmg4k.jpg

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
This is normal for this satellite. It's inclined 0.7 degrees so it wobbles throughout the 24 hour period. It's not very noticeable in the centre of the footprint on smaller dishes but the effect is much more pronounced at the edge of the beam.

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish Tv Zenega STBs | 1 DM 800 HD Clone | 180 cm TX Rx Fibre offset Dish Antenna |
My Location
india
This is normal for this satellite. It's inclined 0.7 degrees so it wobbles throughout the 24 hour period. It's not very noticeable in the centre of the footprint on smaller dishes but the effect is much more pronounced at the edge of the beam.
thanx sir. but what is the best way out to make sure that i dont have to adjust my dish every hour. moreover i am using universal sharp lnb (not special circular one) with a prodelin 180 cm offset fiber dish. woul i be able to get stable signal at
Latitude: 30.1964°
Longitude: 74.9466°
i wish to receive direct 1r
please help me. thanks in advance.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You need to get a circular LNB - it will help a lot. Or put a plastic plate inside your current LNB.

A new satellite is scheduled to go up there next year, until then, you can't do much.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
i am using universal sharp lnb (not special circular one) with a prodelin 180 cm offset fiber dish.
Could you show pictures of your Prodelin? I became a fan of those antennas some time ago. I also have temporary installed Sharp LNB.

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
Could you show pictures of your Prodelin? I became a fan of those antennas some time ago. I also have temporary installed Sharp LNB.
my pleasure
o541a0.jpg

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
You need to get a circular LNB - it will help a lot. Or put a plastic plate inside your current LNB.

A new satellite is scheduled to go up there next year, until then, you can't do much.
but sir its impossible to align the dish every hour. any "good" time for alignment when satellite is at central position ?? and yes i have inserted a credit card piece inserted inside lnb. please guide.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Nice picture. Could you add more: from the back of antenna and also more closer look at LNBs part. How did you find focus of antenna to install central LNB?

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
Nice picture. Could you add more: from the back of antenna and also more closer look at LNBs part. How did you find focus of antenna to install central LNB?
I got the lnb tripod alongwith the dish.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
thanx sir. but what is the best way out to make sure that i dont have to adjust my dish every hour. moreover i am using universal sharp lnb (not special circular one) with a prodelin 180 cm offset fiber dish. woul i be able to get stable signal at
Latitude: 30.1964°
Longitude: 74.9466°
i wish to receive direct 1r
please help me. thanks in advance.

Theres nothing you can do - the satellite is moving up and down off the arc over a 24 hour period.

You can see when shes on the arc using this link

http://www.n2yo.com/?s=25937

Over on the right look for when the latitude is very close to zero.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Theres nothing you can do - the satellite is moving up and down off the arc over a 24 hour period.
Didn't I read something about elevation control on another thread?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - 2 axis dish control, not impossible but hardly ever bothered with.

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india

thanx for reply, sir. but i still don't understand what the actual subscribers do, that i am missing ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Subscribers will be using smaller dishes as they are in the target area.

Smaller dishes = larger acceptance angles of incoming signals.

Chances are they wont notice much fading in and out until the inclination gets up past 1 degree..

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
Subscribers will be using smaller dishes as they are in the target area.

Smaller dishes = larger acceptance angles of incoming signals.

Chances are they wont notice much fading in and out until the inclination gets up past 1 degree..
thanks for all the info and link that solved all the mysteries that let me on roof all the night for last 5 days. i can sleep today. Will it be ok if i align the dish when the sat is in mid of the path vertically ? Otherwise, pls guide.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You will get the signal for a couple of hours twice a day as the satellite wobbles up and down on its elongated figure-8 orbit.

mar-val

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DR.HD F15,TBS 6983,dishes 70-220
My Location
Slovakia,Zilina
Bonum is one of my favorites...of course I have declination control actuator.
Here is TLE chart-lat.,long.,time.
56E-TLEdata.jpg

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
You will get the signal for a couple of hours twice a day as the satellite wobbles up and down on its elongated figure-8 orbit.
thanks for all the guidance. I'll try tuning dish when latitude value is 0.

pride21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150cm gibertini dish,echostar 8700 analogue receiver to move dish,motor jaeger 1224,also black ultra ku lnb and esx241 c-band lnbf and technomate 5402hd ci+ super also added a Dr HD f15 receiver
My Location
Sandown Isle of Wight
hi all I did a fine tune up of dish it was out of bonk since the winds we have had, the results of doing this gave me better gain so I thought I would give this sat a go it was 3.30 pm to my surprise I got 12384H 8 channels at 37% quality with ordinary lnb all scrambled the only transponder with linear lnb,so I changed to circular lnb 12384H jumped up to 51% quality and I also got 12443H 7 channels at 40% quality.12224R was showing 53% quality no lock also 12283R was showing 50% quality also no lock,tried this sat at 1.30 am got the same transponders started to fade at 2.30 am because of the incline.