58.0W in London

Chr0nik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-9100 Linux receiver / Edision OS mini 4K / TM-2600 M3 motor / 110cm dish (34.5w to 50e) - 100cm dish (51.5e/52e/53e/60e)
My Location
Grays, Essex
Hi, I've heard some where that there was a chance of getting 58.0.W in London. I'm thinking to trying that sat because there are Japanese and Korean and Chilean channels that I's like to watch since they have an european bean. However, with 58w, will I still need a clear view of the horizon in order to be able to watch it? I'm asking this because I live in a housing estate and there are blocks of houses surrounding my house (as the images below shows)

Shows where I would like to install the dish

Shows the alternative position

Again, it shows where I would like to install the dish but it also shows the buildings in the way.

I'm sorry for the size of the pictures but can anybody tell me whether I would be able to get 58.0w under these conditions?

Thank you.

PS: If it's posible to get 58.0w, I'll move the dish with the motor in order to install the dish (with council and neighbour's permition ofcourse).

PS: This is the dish that I'm trying to get (I'll get the lnb somewhere else.

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK
I would think to be honest you would struggle with 58 W but never say never.
The Maplin 180 is not the best manufactured dish either! I would personally pay around the same for a high quality 1.2 or 1.5mtr.

I receive from 58W around 5 channels but it is very low on the horizon and I have a flat roof town house in Watford with no obstacles.
Maybe the C-Band route would be your best option.

Chr0nik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-9100 Linux receiver / Edision OS mini 4K / TM-2600 M3 motor / 110cm dish (34.5w to 50e) - 100cm dish (51.5e/52e/53e/60e)
My Location
Grays, Essex
Staffspeted, thanks for your reply. Can you please recommend me another (and hopefully better) c-band dish? I've been thinking of positioning the dish with a 5 meter pole or something like that in order to be able to get the sat without any blockage. Any recomendation?

Thanks!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Chrionioc the channels you want are on the C-band payload. The downlink power in London is about 36 dBW. This means you are going to need a dish of somewhere around 2.5m diameter to receive it!

Thats about 8 feet!!

R

Rd100

That about right a good qulity 2.5m would do it
Analoguesat said:
Chrionioc the channels you want are on the C-band payload. The downlink power in London is about 36 dBW. This means you are going to need a dish of somewhere around 2.5m diameter to receive it!

Thats about 8 feet!!